Should you upgrade to Windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhel

Should you upgrade to Windows 8?​
Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system will launch on Friday. Should you upgrade right away?

1021-Microsoft_Windows_8_full_380.jpg

Operating-system upgrades tend to garner a lot of excitement from end users, both in the consumer and business spheres. That hype can lead many to undertake a potentially costly upgrade before it's necessary, or wise, to do so With Microsoft's Windows 8 hitting the open market on Oct. 26, there are many factors that can help you decide whether or not you or your business should upgrade right away. We'll examine both the benefits and the potential problems with immediate upgrades, plus a loose estimate of the cost of upgrading.

More at: http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Latest-News-Wires/2012/1022/Should-you-upgrade-to-Windows-8

19 comments
If we see historically,

Windows 98 - Hit
Windows 2k - Flop
Windows XP - Hit
Windows Vista - Flop
Windows 7 - Hit
so,
Windows 8 - Flop

Last edited:
I think win8 is good because this is based on win 7 & new & cool features.
Now i can sync my mob , xbox 360 & other windows devices.
I will try to upgrade but in real i like windows XP :D

Not a chance in hell. It looks like its made for tablets.... and according to their record on hits and misses. This will surely be a big miss.

Hmm, ima install it on a spare drive and compare it with my current custom Win7 OS i'm running atm.

If it's just as smooth/fast i'll probably go for it being as i only really game and browse sites now.

How many people saying it's bad are actually using it? I am on the 90 days evaluation version (33 days left).

It really is nice. The only bug I found was that I sometimes lose my e: drive.

If $radius = "1px" Then { Windows 8() } Else { Windows 7() } End If

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

@Thrill,
7B3Si.png

Hmm let me see here, do I want an OS that looks like it has been drawn by a 4 year old with crayons and forces me to use a Start Screen which takes over my entire screen unlike a Start Menu?

HELL NO!

JGM.

Definitely a no ..........i don't think i will use windows 8
Its simply not worth it , i don't like the interface , no big improvements in terms of performance and it seems windows 8 will block other browsers as default browser

So In summary , i say go to hell windows 8

My opinion, Win 8 is a good OS. For touch screen devices, its even more good. Its metro interface is much bettrer that any other OS. The only drawback is it require heavy hardware.

Also, the new IE is not good at all. I would prefer using Firefox rather than the new IE which comes with Win 8.

I will check out the official release on my laptop on an alternate partition or a VM. Tried the RC's and everything, and I can't say that I would use it on my workstations as it is. They definitely need to provide a professional edition that defaults to the standard desktop. I know you can use a hack to get the normal desktop, but I would like it as the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back