Should WJunction shut down?

SHould WJunction shut down for 1/18/2012?

• Yes (why?)

Votes: 58 46.8%
  • No (why?)

Votes: 66 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best-MovieZ.WS

26d12af55b.png

BayW.org:

45b0d8a823.png

LulzIMG.com:

2d5271a45c.png

PhazeDDL:

3c2982eba7.png

Zunox.co:

2e3d3fff4a.png

By WJunction shutting down it could lead more individuals to believe WJunction supports warez/warez-linking so therefore I don't think it should be shut down.

I actually think this whole protest is redonckulous.

So you say there is nothing on WJunction that violates the SOPA law? Plus didn't WJunction get to where it's at because of a warez site? helping out wouldn't kill anyone cause when push comes to shove WJunction will be affected by this also.

No shouldn't shutdown. The blackout was to raise awareness more than to protest. Since we all know about SOPA here... no point shutting it down.

Censored logo would have been nice though to show anti-sopa support. :-\

SP32 "By WJunction shutting down it could lead more individuals to believe WJunction supports warez/warez-linking so therefore I don't think it should be shut down."... so Google, Facebook etc by saying they don't support SOPA means people now think they are piracy heavens?... mehh -_-

No, why should we?

Not every user on here has a warez site btw.

What that have to do with warez sites?? SOPA doesn't aim only on warez sites. If you sing a copyright song, and publish it, they can take off your video, sue you, imprison you, mostly fuck you however they want...
Do you know that majority of websites have copyright images somewhere in their posts, used?
Any image host can 100% be taken down in a blink of an eye, for example...WJ is one of the sites, that will go down for sure...

But meh, it's useless to discuss about this, when people aren't informed about SOPA/PIPA..just read the image in my signature

I think it would do more good if all of wjunction's members called their reps. and voiced their dissatisfaction. If you need a list and a number wiki has a blackout but with a zip code box which will lead you to the names and numbers you need to and should contact.

If Sopa will be approve then 99.99 % website ( Google , wiki , FB also ) fucked

So don't worry it will not going to happen

even Dell , Apple , also will fucked :P

Well SOPA - i understand why everyone is agains it .

PIPA however seems like a good thing - It will prevent third party sites from logging its users ip

PIPA is worse than SOPA, PIPA is a backup plan if SOPA fails... why do you think there is 2 plans in the first place anyway?If one fails, they will just silently push the other one. Scariest shit that happens right now.

what is SOPA anyways?
as far as i could understand,USA people wont be able to open some sites including vpn etc,so it will just effect USA people right?
Yeah, not only that they will also block US people to advertisement,make payment & can reverse the CC payment made to site..so there will be no way to get US traffic..being webmaster you must be aware what US/European traffic means to publisher/webmaster.After all, Western countries rank 1 in use of CC & Online purchases.
I have also heard, foreign website(specially warez) which are registered with US registrar can get sealed.

good job i dont live in the usa if they do this thing they wanting to do
but i reackon the wrong people will get sued as ip address can change on there isp
Don't you think Production Companies from rest of the world will knock Court/Govt for such bills ?..They would give example of US SOPA & will have strong chance to win.
If Sopa will be approve then 99.99 % website ( Google , wiki , FB also ) fucked

So don't worry it will not going to happen

even Dell , Apple , also will fucked :P
I am afraid, If bill get pass...Every website will be left with no choice other than deleting contents,blocking domain from search,putting strike code on links etc...Internet won't be same as it is now.

Wjunction is discussion forum...& It's not a small forum like some stupid ass here assuming it..wjunction ranks good in google search...I don't think it is needed to put the forum offline but a SOPA banner on top would do the charm...Wj guest count is always greater than regular members...Every joining hand is worth.

By WJunction shutting down it could lead more individuals to believe WJunction supports warez/warez-linking so therefore I don't think it should be shut down.
Not really. Firefox, reddit, WP, ect are in on the protest.

You're kidding yourself if you think WJ does not support warez. Its 1 step away from being a full warez site

It's not just about piracy. It's also about what the United States is trying to do to their citizens. They are trying to censor the internet and therefor denying us our basic rights. You may not give a shit, but others do.

Think of it likes this, if SOPA or PIPA passes.. What happens next? The possibilities are endless and they can fuck us harder and harder.
yup

what is SOPA anyways?
as far as i could understand,USA people wont be able to open some sites including vpn etc,so it will just effect USA people right?

They can block .com and .org domains how they want. alone that is a huge loss for many webmaster and can create a big downtime because some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back