Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, I am also from India.
Am in B. tech 3rd yr mechanical engineering.
I post comics on my blog every Wednesday (the day they release)
Other than that, I just open my blogger account to check stats and my uploaded.net account to check how much money I make today.
Hardly took 10 minutes.
About 2-3 years ago, I was addicted to my PC.
But slowly slowly I control myself and start thinking about other things like watching movies, reading novels, doing some interesting stuff like drawing, painting, taking part in educational tech-fest etc.
Am not saying that I am some Einstein but I achieved 70% in each semester.
My main goal is to get a degree as backup and I think you should do the same.

You have many TV shows on your blog which are not so famous.
You should upload famous ones like supernatural, arrow, revenge, person of interest, the vampire diaries etc.

Try to make a schedule to post on blog only 2 days (Monday and Thursday) and enjoy the remaining 5 days with friends, family etc.

Thanks for the reality check! Also, I started this blog to overcome my ex gf and which I'm still not and now I'm just going aimless!

Can't you just kick me in the ass with something more reality to overcome my stupid habit. I can bear any amount of criticism.

Make your college an obsession then. Your school = your future. If you don't graduate, after few years working in some shop without graduation, as underpaid worker, not satisfied with what you achieved in your life, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass, when you need to support your family, and you are barely capable of that.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I've done my B.Tech and now I'm doing my M.tech.Well you totally sounded like my MOM and if I go as per your schedule. I mean, my running cost is around $60 and I hardly able to get that working my ass off 12- 15 hours, 30 days a month!

Bro, I am also from India.
Am in B. tech 3rd yr mechanical engineering.
I post comics on my blog every Wednesday (the day they release)
Other than that, I just open my blogger account to check stats and my uploaded.net account to check how much money I make today.
Hardly took 10 minutes.
About 2-3 years ago, I was addicted to my PC.
But slowly slowly I control myself and start thinking about other things like watching movies, reading novels, doing some interesting stuff like drawing, painting, taking part in educational tech-fest etc.
Am not saying that I am some Einstein but I achieved 70% in each semester.
My main goal is to get a degree as backup and I think you should do the same.

You have many TV shows on your blog which are not so famous.
You should upload famous ones like supernatural, arrow, revenge, person of interest, the vampire diaries etc.

Try to make a schedule to post on blog only 2 days (Monday and Thursday) and enjoy the remaining 5 days with friends, family etc.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Only 1 or 2 other persons says the same! :wave:

i can understand your obsession, i can help u in option 3

Learn time management. If you cannot learn how to manage time then you will fail in your life.

Try to make a schedule of all the things and stick to it. Don't move away from the defined tasks. Make up your mind and focus on one task at a time.

Well you totally sounded like my MOM.....

HE HE HE
How much money you make every month?
I was doing as a hobby till April 2012, then i read a article somewhere on net telling that how can we make money by file hosts.
after that i start using depositfiles. From jan 2013 i start using uploaded.net along with depositfiles.
I got 131 euros for 1 jan 2013 to 1 feb 2013
uploaded.net pays good. :-=

Yes, shut it down. It's damaging your life and it's something that won't get you anywhere.

If you can't do that, then at least automate the process. You're an MS CS student, why haven't you done this already?

I'm not a coder myself and I can't find anyone to do this for me!

Yes, shut it down. It's damaging your life and it's something that won't get you anywhere.

If you can't do that, then at least automate the process. You're an MS CS student, why haven't you done this already?

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Will anyone will be willing to buy that, I wonder!

sell your blog and choose your life....:)

It seems to me that you encode tv shows the moment they are released.why?is the demand in your site so huge that they need it after 1 minute of release?Cant you manage to sit 3 hours per day?

Even if you cant automate the exact procedure make yourself one.Download all releases all together,encode all together and upload/post all together.

Also find someone to help you.Its not easy cause u are into this for fame not money..Most people do this for money.

Well yeah, the demand is kinda high! See, if the 720p release comes out 7AM and then I'll be uploading that by 7:15 AM after encoding that to 480p. I know, I'm so jumpy about this, the OCD I mentioned above!

I'm more than happy if someone join and with fame comes money also and which I'm super ready to pay or share.

I've lived through a similar situation before so I can relate with you, it's difficult to quit this, but you have to realize that once the thing you've been spending so much time on starts to not only interrupt you from your studies but destroying your health, that it might not be the most beneficial thing for you. You have to start taking time for yourself, and to a higher degree of importance, get your priorities straight!.

My advice for you is: Stay in school no matter what. As for your website, you can always take some time to get your encodings done on weekends, but you can't recover lost time from school. At some point I'm sure you can get someone to partner with you to help you keep the site online if it's really that important to you.

lol u are addicted to something which u dont want in life specially u not into for money. Quit it and study. make a living. what else!

Thank you for kind advice!

I've lived through a similar situation before so I can relate with you, it's difficult to quit this, but you have to realize that once the thing you've been spending so much time on starts to not only interrupt you from your studies but destroying your health, that it might not be the most beneficial thing for you. You have to start taking time for yourself, and to a higher degree of importance, get your priorities straight!.

My advice for you is: Stay in school no matter what. As for your website, you can always take some time to get your encodings done on weekends, but you can't recover lost time from school. At some point I'm sure you can get someone to partner with you to help you keep the site online if it's really that important to you.

Stay in school man, like someone said earlier. I was stupid when i was young like most of you are and didnt finish school, instead i chose the big money of the oil rigs when i was a kid, so i dropped out, now i am old, and im doing ok, but im still breaking my back working for a living. You are on the right track taking courses as you are, if there is a demand in that field in your country anyway (be careful if you get your degree there though, and want to move to North America or something though, your degree wont be recognized over here, kinda stupid really. But ya, warez isnt something you are going to be able, or probably want to do forever, forever is a long time man.

Study comes first.
May be uploading films and TV shows will give you some money, but getting your degree will give self satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back