Status
Not open for further replies.

yourarnav

Banned
Banned
Hello one and all, I was a TV shows encoder (until yesterday) but that thing sucking life out of me.I'm doing my masters in Computer Science and with this tough study routine and my obsession towards encoding is making me miserably fail in my studies!

The thing is, the TV scene releases come around 6:30AM according to my timezone and I've my first period at 9AM.So, I basically keep bunking the entire college and also to be honest - I use to spend 10-15 hours daily,7 days a week on my laptop which made my health very very poor.

Also, I'm only the single person doing and managing everything, it makes everything go crazy!

I've no time left for me, my family my friends.I'm just locked up in a room w/ my laptop!

All I want to leave but when I saw other famous encoders, all I want to keep going on.I'm insanely obsessed with encoding as you can see my posts in TV shows category!

Now what should I do, just today my internal exams got over and and out of 5 subjects, I was able to give only one exam, rest for other 4 exams I didn't even show up.I was not prepared at all.

I don't want to quit but keep going making my life miserable! I'm finding pretty hard to give up on my passion!!!

Anyone please guide me through! Feel free to share your valuable opinions!

45 comments
Hey Mate
A person should have atleast one degree if not then u wont get any good job and according to me ur from south asia so i guess u wont be getting any good proposals too :P
Other than that another question are u making good money via encoding ? if u are and u dont want to quit then why dont u hire a person to do some work for u and u can do the other half u can concentrate on your studies as well as keep ur site running

Just stop, once you are ready with your exams or when you have time get it back. Also do not release too much, good releasers just release one good thing. And not 100 of things.

Damn my english sucks today.

I've done my engineering in Computer Science and now I'm doing my Masters in the same! Yeah, I'm from India and I don't mind paying anyone who can team up like a dedicated partner like the BoB team was or 300MBUNiTED.

Anyone who's willing to make an effort and look above money b/c I'm not in this for money! I'm passionate about encoding but I can't manage to encode 15 - 20 shows + some movies each and everyday for months!

I tried this for 4 months non stop and f*cked up almost everything of my life!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Well,that's the hardest part - I encode TV shows not Movies.So, you can never ever choose to post only episode of one series in an entire day!

Also, in the meantime - I've to pay for my VPS every month even if I'm not doing anything and only if I post one or two thing - I'll not being able to make 20% of my running costs!

Just stop, once you are ready with your exams or when you have time get it back. Also do not release too much, good releasers just release one good thing. And not 100 of things.

Damn my english sucks today.

If you can afford to quit - do it! Stay in school. There are too many good ones around - such as HRA (blog +) and all the others on w-bb to put up with the hassle. Get your education, especially since you say you do this 'not for the $'.

Sorry Sir, but that doesn't make any sense to me. How I can get a software to leech a 720p file - encode it to 480p and then post it on my website?

Everything is possible nowadays yourarnav. Out of the top of my mind, a coder can make a software to leech from an rss feed, download everything, unrar it, make an encoding software watch for new files on folder A, encode everything that finds there using a pre defined profile, once done, move the encoded file to folder B, delete original files on folder A. Make the uploading software watch for any new files on folder B, once found, upload it to account A+B+C+D, once done, delete the encoded files..... and loop the process.

Takes money to make money.

OMG, I've only heard of Sborg but this is awesome! From where I can get this kind of an arrangement?! I'd to love to get one!

P.S - I'm willing to pay money to attain some peace of my mind.

Everything is possible nowadays yourarnav. Out of the top of my mind, a coder can make a software to leech from an rss feed, download everything, unrar it, make an encoding software watch for new files on folder A, encode everything that finds there using a pre defined profile, once done, move the encoded file to folder B, delete original files on folder A. Make the uploading software watch for any new files on folder B, once found, upload it to account A+B+C+D, once done, delete the encoded files..... and loop the process.

Takes money to make money.

There's plenty of good coders on WJ. Not sure who would involve itself in such project. Can't really recommend anyone, because I don't know if they would accept doing it.

you have few options
1) quit encoding stuff now, complete your study, earn $, hire coder bought whole auto script, buy vps & have fun with your site
2) do only popular shows every tv show is not gud. nobody watch all, or mix it up with movies, this way u can save yourself time for your study. or add 4/5 tvshows in queue like in handbrake, went for your study, come back later after ur study & post them
3) find yourself partner, an encoder not uploader

now here is my personal story

i had waste 2 years of my life in warez i had that passion to have myself an forum/blog etc... i used to spend more then half day on laptop, missing college, missing exams like u do now, Girls around me want to suck my D**k & i was busy sucking my laptop, i lost friends, list goes on....

one day i broke my lap, say sorry to mom & move on.... so i suggest you take option 1,

i bet you from pakistan or india right? fight with your cyber demons i am still fighting.... :)

Last edited:
About option 1 - I may not think about warez even after 2 weeks. As I've an OCD and I get addicted and vice versa easily!

2 - This option will lead me to go all the way back to the original obsession, like I want achieve perfection.

3 - (Most Valid) How come I find one? Even WJ don't even let me find one.

And yes, I'm from India.

I'm kind of feeling depressed already as I'm leaving it for my studies and I'm still not studying everything at all.Now, I high on Twitter!

FML, I always need another obsession to overcome my previous obsession!

The only part which makes me sad that, I love that small amount of fame I earned, like people use to know you, wait for your posts and awesome fans on WBB.

I'm not in this for money, only for a fame, just to prove a little geek + nerd thing!

Last edited:
FML, I always need another obsession to overcome my previous obsession!

Make your college an obsession then. Your school = your future. If you don't graduate, after few years working in some shop without graduation, as underpaid worker, not satisfied with what you achieved in your life, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass, when you need to support your family, and you are barely capable of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back