SharpLeech 2: Discussion and ideas topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted's idea of replacing text would be useful so you could replace moderator comments or the text at the bottom where it says Links Checked by WBB.....
This could be also useful for stuff like when the WBB staff add coments about imageshack images etc. or code you links. Their's loads of ways one could use this like adding an image to get people to register etc. eg replace [code] with [img]http.tinypic.com/0000.jpg[/img]
Code:
[/B] Lots of potential for webmasters :)

Another idea would be to use Rapidshare's api and check any Rapidshare links to see their alive. Checking all types of links can be messy but the RS ones are easy to check with their api. Check out http://rapidshare.com/dev.html if you haven't seen it yet. Obviously checking all links would be cool but RS would be a great start.

How about it uses different accounts to post. That way it won't be so obvious their all leeched posts. Seeing a forum with 20 posts a minute by the same user of off putting. Randomizing the posts between different accounts with hide the fact the forum is shit.

Haven't had the need to use Sharpleech in a few months but it was a great app when I used it.[/QUOTE]

1.0.1 has already the ability to remove w-bb bot info and it should remove mod messages in the background (that is, if this future isn't broken, I dunno).

What might be a good idea is to provide a setting which allows the user to add regular expressions to remove other stuff from posts or manipulate them before the thread gets posted.

The link checking has been suggested many times. IMO that should be done on the forum side because it would make the program 20x slower, link checking is never perfect, and rapidshare might ban your IP because of all the calls.

About the different accounts: nope. SharpLeech is targeted towards webmasters and not people who want to use it as a [I]postcount++[/I]; tool on random sites.

[quote="DeLeTeD, post: 227066"]Another suggestion which is manually accept posts.  So say your in the view area where it is leeching, you can edit some text in your textbox and then hit next and it will load up the next post.  Not sure how hard it is to intergrate such a feature but it would be useful.[/QUOTE]

Good find. In SL1 this could of been easily implemented. But with SL2 that would be a b*ch to implement because of the parallel implementation.
SharpLeech 1 did its thing like this:

[FONT=Courier New][work_thread]
- for each page get the topic links
-- for each topic get title/content
--- post thread sync- or asynchronous[/FONT]

^ Everything is contained in one thread, pausing is easy. In SL2:

[FONT=Courier New]<topic_links_array>

[page_thread][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]
- for each page get the topic links
- add topic links to <topic_links_array>

[topic_thread][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]
- while <topic_links_array> contains items
-- for each link in <topic_links_array> :
--- create new [post_thread] which will post the topic[/FONT]

^That allows for a (potentially huge) speed boost. Obviously the above example is simplified. Because of the independent many-thread design you can't just pause without either causing a lockup in one place, losing thread safety and/or synchronization, or add a whole army checks and switches. In other words, it's probably not worth the effort. This is the kind of stuff why so many apps still lack full multi-core support. A variable can't be used by multiple threads because the locking would defeat the purpose. That's why SharpLeech.Engine.Core is written in the shiny new F# language and not my precious C#.

[/technicalcrapno1reallycaresaboutorunderstands] <_<

Edit, PS: On every 1st April you'll get this BS for the whole day:

[slide]http://www.cubeupload.com/files/12e003.png[/slide]

Some other dates will have an effect too.

well, i had alot of "time outs", my connection is 3.5 mb a second, and i was leeching to a quick website ..... fix that ?

I can't fix that. Timeouts are a result of a site (posting OR leeching site) being slow. If a site is being slow or isn't responding within the set timeout value in your options the program is gonna throw an exception and move on instead of potentially waiting for days, lol. It's server side, not client side. If you see timeouts in your error logs you can ignore them or up the timeout value in the options if you want the program to wait longer for a server response.

Well man i have a few for you :)

1. You should add a section for paid affiliates or something say $3 too get a linkme on the program since you would have an affiliates section it would give back too sites that pay you too put there linkme its self on the program.

2. The first GUI i used was a very nice GUI, You should do somthing based on the same color scheme.

3. The stats in 1.0.1 was a nice feature that should stay as well along with Radio, It would be nice too see working IRC implemented in 2.0.0.

4. You definitely should make it an Installer

5. Onside of the fact you should implement an installer, Also implement Sharpleech upgrades with the option too manually upgrade or auto, "If you need a place too host updates let me know"

6. It should have more forums too leech from, Partially too leech not only downloads, But gfx tutorials, coding tuts etc.. Now i know that will be hard too find since most big sites don't offer that but its worth a try.

Hope you like my recommendations
If i think of anymore ill be sure too let you know
As sharpleech is thus far the best program this year i have seen thus far.

If you need anything let me know

dlowinc@live.com

1. I think Hyperz wants to keep it ad free and clean as his original intention on making sharpleech. A free program.

2. The color scheme will be based on your defualt os color scheme. The gui looks generally the same, made a little better imo. Watch the video he posted.

4. I personally like it without an installer, but entirely up to him.

5.Upgrade option is a good idea.

6. As for more forums Hyperz commented saying that forums leech off each other, which is very true. The extra content from site to site that you would leech would be very little so you would leech the same stuff over and over. But yes your idea of things like gfx tutorials, maybe gaming related forums ect. Make it more of a variety. If he uses the template system as mentioned then you would have the ability to leech what ever you like, hopefully thats a go.

Maybe make it so it posts in multiple forums at once instead of just in one? Or would that slow it down too much?

Edit:

Also do you think it could skip similar thread names so it doesn't post the same things over and over again? (Espically for Movies)

if its possible bro than please add a forum which have some great and huge collection of bollywood stuff ,

any one interested in that please vote with me for a bollywood content site

like http://www.amaderforum.com/

if you know anyother please mention

thanks

please hyperz bro think about it

Well man i have a few for you :)

1. You should add a section for paid affiliates or something say $3 too get a linkme on the program since you would have an affiliates section it would give back too sites that pay you too put there linkme its self on the program.

2. The first GUI i used was a very nice GUI, You should do somthing based on the same color scheme.

3. The stats in 1.0.1 was a nice feature that should stay as well along with Radio, It would be nice too see working IRC implemented in 2.0.0.

4. You definitely should make it an Installer

5. Onside of the fact you should implement an installer, Also implement Sharpleech upgrades with the option too manually upgrade or auto, "If you need a place too host updates let me know"

6. It should have more forums too leech from, Partially too leech not only downloads, But gfx tutorials, coding tuts etc.. Now i know that will be hard too find since most big sites don't offer that but its worth a try.

Hope you like my recommendations
If i think of anymore ill be sure too let you know
As sharpleech is thus far the best program this year i have seen thus far.

If you need anything let me know

dlowinc@live.com

Nice suggestions right there.

1) I was playing with the idea of adding a donate button because the program is coming to a point where - other than tons of time - it's gonna start costing me money. As it looks now it'll need hosting for future online updates, non-filehost downloading and other server side data such as latest news etc. Your idea could be a potential alternative in case no1 would bother with donating. Last thing I want is to have to ask for a small fee for a license.

2) The new GUI will look very much like 1.0.1 in terms of layout. It will look completely different in terms of design. 2.0.0 is being optimized for Aero-capable Windows versions.

3) The stats future will be re-written and it'll be much like the 1.0.1 version. The IRC chat future is already completed. 2.0.0 will (finally) have the chat tab working. I think I'll record the IRC thing later.

4) I might. But if I did I would drop the 64bit builds.

5) Auto updating would made possible if I end up creating an installer

6) More forums will be added but is a low priority ATM because there's still too much other futures I want to put in there.

1. I think Hyperz wants to keep it ad free and clean as his original intention on making sharpleech. A free program.

2. The color scheme will be based on your defualt os color scheme. The gui looks generally the same, made a little better imo. Watch the video he posted.

4. I personally like it without an installer, but entirely up to him.

5.Upgrade option is a good idea.

6. As for more forums Hyperz commented saying that forums leech off each other, which is very true. The extra content from site to site that you would leech would be very little so you would leech the same stuff over and over. But yes your idea of things like gfx tutorials, maybe gaming related forums ect. Make it more of a variety. If he uses the template system as mentioned then you would have the ability to leech what ever you like, hopefully thats a go.

1) Yes I want to keep it free, but if it starts costing me money I'll need idea's like that to keep it free.

2) Actually that's not true, even on Win XP with the classic (Win 9x) theme it'll show the modern controls. They look like the default vista controls but they are not. Also, the controls have animations (fade/hover/etc). It shows that on the video in the 1st post. The only thing that'll be based on a OS color is the windows background when Aero is not enabled/available.

4) So do I tbh. If I make an installer the 32bit portable version would also still be available.

Maybe make it so it posts in multiple forums at once instead of just in one? Or would that slow it down too much?

Edit:

Also do you think it could skip similar thread names so it doesn't post the same things over and over again? (Espically for Movies)

You can start multiple instances to do that. It might slow down depending on your net speed. It could skip similar named threads yes. I'll keep the suggestion in mind.

I can't fix that. Timeouts are a result of a site (posting OR leeching site) being slow. If a site is being slow or isn't responding within the set timeout value in your options the program is gonna throw an exception and move on instead of potentially waiting for days, lol. It's server side, not client side. If you see timeouts in your error logs you can ignore them or up the timeout value in the options if you want the program to wait longer for a server response.
you know when it says time out, that the program just stops working, or even crash'd ?

restarting the program 10x in 5 min aint funny. I just want to let it leech, while i am going to my work (that would be 12 hours a day)

Well if you would read in this post that has already been asked, It times out because of the max connections the host has set on the server. Who is your host ?

The reason i stated my country, is the fact that we got 1 of the best internet subscription conditions. but i dont know if that has anything to do with how many connections they let you make.

fanobliv, what was the latest version you used? I'm gonna guess and say it was beta 1 or 2?

We are at 1.0.1 these days (beta 1 was actually v0.9.8). Both beta's show a dialog when an error happened or in the worst case crashed. 1.0.1 can still crash but 99% of all errors are being written to an error log file instead of showing the error and stopping the leeching. Try 1.0.1 and base your suggestions on that pl0x ;). 1.x.x is pretty stable compared to the betas.

is this a leeching program or a radio, make priorities
Leeching program with a radio? The radio is an easy aspect of the program so it's not like I'm giving it that much attention. Just want to make sure the 2.0.0 one is better than the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back