Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp32

Any ideas on how to fix hard drives that just don't load?

I really want to get some files back from these babies.

A couple do the click of death/click repeatedly and another one makes some sort of grinding then click noise.

Any help is appreciated <3

14 comments
U could try putting them in the fridge,if they are over heating when loading,it might work,but if it works it wont last for long,long enough to get some files tho.

You last hope would be sending them to one of those harddrive restore companies, they will do anything possible to restore your data. Downside: will be very pricy, but they do the job!

I hope this would be an example to everyone to use RAIDs and BackUps for important data!

Try Changing the data card of H.D.D and plug in as a portable device

I'll try this after the freezer job, not entirely sure how to change the card but yeah, I can google that, and I have already said bye to them @RUSS but I don't mind trying a couple of tricks anyway :sun:

Why dont you just open it and change the disk inside it with a working HDD ?
I dont know if it works but I have opened a couple of HDD and there isnt anything complicated, just few screws.

Freezer trick works i can confirm it but u hve to keep the hdd in uncooked rice for a while for it to suck out moisture

uncooked rice = rice which is raw directly from packet

after that boot up os in safe mode (so it doesnt suck up i/o) with different hdd
then open cmd if xp or if 7 just copy paste

p.s a non working hdd has cock sucking speed 1 - 4 mb/s so just keep visiting it ever 15 mins

just copy your memories not silly stuff which u can redownload coz there is no guaranty how much time more is left on that bad hdd

this worked for me bro, very simple, and u dont need to buy a new circuit board, just use one from anoter hdd... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoVBHG4kajA[/ame]
hope it helps :P

Gently hit the side of the drive with something hard, if it still clicks hit some more, if it still doesnt work hit harder :sun:
When the clicking stops get your data very fast. :))

I have done this with a few drives.

Make sure the drive isnt hot before starting, leave it powered off for as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back