#SaveTheInternet - Wage a war against companies for violating Net Neutrality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox

Lot of you may already have heard about this word Net Neutrality, if not head over to this wiki page on net neutrality.

Lot of countries are waging a war against the greedy aspirations of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) / Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) or whatever you may call them right now. The US telecom associations have sued the FCC for it's Open Internet Order which thwarted the attempts of net neutrality violations and for classifying Internet as an utility service and not a luxury service!

The internet we know is slowly changing! We must stop these companies and governments (in some countries) from lobbying / passing laws which violate net neutrality.

Fight in Europe: After victory for net neutrality in the US, the battle moves to Europe | Ars Technica

Fight in US: Republicans introduce bill to quash net neutrality rules

Fight in India: Fight for Net Neutrality: The way forward. : india

I urge all the webmasters out here to do your bit in spreading the message to save our beloved internet. If governments pass rules allowing partiality on the internet, we all are screwed! ISPs/TSPs themselves will start creating apps / services and throttle their speeds. On the other hands, start-ups will struggle badly to get attention for their products / services / apps since their websites will be slowed down by these greedy bastards.

How can you help?

For USA - http://www.savetheinternet.com/sti-home
For Europe - https://savetheinternet.eu/
For India - Save The Internet!

Thanks for taking time out to read this, please do add your views / comments / suggestions to make this thread more useful.

8 comments
[video=youtube;mfY1NKrzqi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfY1NKrzqi0[/video]

The internet should not be regulated by anyone and no government should control it..

Keep Net Neutrality!!
svictoire.gif

Emailed and participated in the campaign and i would also urge all the webmasters to post it out on their forums as well so that the reach we can give to the campaign no other social promotion can give out

Didn't wheeler pass this? Im confused, whats the problem now?

Big companies that are butt hurt will sue, thats what they do.

Last edited:
I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm against Net Neutrality. We already have a free and open internet, which governments are trying to encroach on and control. Just look at Snowden and the NSA leaks, and you'll see how they are trying to control the flow of information. I don't see how giving another government entity (the FCC) the power to control and regulate the internet further could ever be a good thing. As a content provider, sometimes it makes sense to prioritize traffic for one customer or another and I'm fine with that.

Now if an ISP is intentionally throttling a certain type of traffic, the free market should handle the problem by allowing the consumer to switch to another provider. The problem here is not under-regulation but government instituted telco monopolies, which is an artificial barrier to entry in the market. The problem here is too much regulation (and corruption), rather than not enough. We should be busting up these (artificial) government monopolies and holding the corrupt politicians and businesses accountable, not giving them more power to control the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back