Sandino and my365host went from great to beyond awful - my reasons why to avoid them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uterus Spacecraft

since I bought my hosting about a month or two ago, I've had downtime at least 5-6 times. but beyond that let me explain why Sandino is a total piece of shit:

I got this e-mail out of nowhere:
My365Host | Abuse

to me

Dear Client,

Recently we have noticed a number of hacking shells on your account.
Your account is suspended and pending an investigation.

- Sandino
My365Host :|: Chief Executive Officer.
Personal MSN: Sandino@Sandino-Net.info

Ask me how you can get a month free!

I responded:
You suspended me because someone is hacking my account? WTF?

Sent from my iPhone

they reply:
cleardot.gif
My365Host | Abuse

to me

We do not believe that is the case, but that is why your account is under investigation. We are doing you a favor by investigating it further rather than just charging you a fee of 25$ / script.

Also, in the event that your website was or was not hacked, it is still your responsibility and you would take fault for it.
These are the rules that any host will tell you.
And please do not use that kind of language on our support tickets.

I reply:
I'm a beginner webmaster, I don't even know what a shell is, nor how to check for one. My site wasn't compromised as far as I know, and I don't know how to check for that either... why is my account suspended when I'm not even aware of whats going on or why I am suspended? You have failed to make anything clear and now you're busting fees out of nowhere. I really liked your service up until this point, I'm surprised and incredibly displeased.

this is all word-for-word from my e-mail. He has ignored all MSN contact and tickets submitted to the client area as well.

Btw I'm looking for a new host like right the fuck now!

29 comments
disgracefull attitude for a hosting company sounds to me u do right moving hosts.

i will be stearing well clear of there hosting !

keep in mind that I recommended them time and time again on this site! it's really ridiculous because up until today (other than downtime) the service was pretty good for $25 for 3 months

well he said its pending an investigation
and yea u should read their terms
https://www.my365host.com/terms.html

Scripts: The following scripts are banned from use on our servers and may not be uploaded or run. Reasons for banning them include adverse effects on server load, invitations to hackers/spammers/criminal activity, etc.
• phpShell

there were number of shells on ur acc so they have the right to suspend u :D

how would I set up a phpShell on my server when I have absolutely no clue what that even is? I've asked Sandino stupid questions since day 1 since I'm by no means an expert... this is just insane.

@Uterus Spacecraft i didnt say that u did and Sandino said its pending an investigation damn

@MacLoving just click on the link and read the freakin terms
If we find you breaking any of these rules listed, you will get 1 warning. After that, if you break the same rule again, we will terminate your site immediately! My365Host.com reserves the right to suspend or terminate an account of any client at any time without prior warning.

If we find you breaking any of these rules listed, you will get 1 warning. After that, if you break the same rule again, we will terminate your site immediately! My365Host.com reserves the right to suspend or terminate an account of any client at any time without prior warning.
Way to avoid the most important part of that. If it's under investigation why has it been 5 hours and he hasn't responded to anything?!

Yes sandino is very good in suspending people of no reason. He did the same thing to me when I was using his host and he said that I was using some rs scripts which I never did.

Uterus Spacecraft

Even if u have not put those shells in the cPanel a lot of hosts have a security feature which checks for such shells and then automtically suspend the acct sometimes permanently.

Happened with me around 6 months back didn't knew what the hell was wrong but since the host was a very good friend of mine gave me new details in 5 min and my site was only down for 20..

A good company that wants to keep their customers with satisfaction, should advise and offer support in solving the problem and not issue fees to the client.

Nothing wrong with suspending you. You could ruin the integrity of the whole server if you were actually trying to harm it. He has no way of knowing. Your lucky he didn't issue the $25 fee.

Somebody who signs his mails from a small hosting company with: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) should be treated with a fair amount of wariness anyway.

Furthermore a warning should have been given first, from the context here that step seems to be missing from the terms he laid down in his own TOS. If he wants to hold you to them, he should do the same.

The way it has been done now will only set bad blood and make it unlikely they will come to an agreement or a continued business arrangement in the near future.

Can somebody finally explain to Uterus (and myself) what a PHPshell is? Couldn't Sandino point it out where it was and what could be done about it?

CEO Sandino is a good guy, but he loses his mind when he gets upset ... :P

Sniffdog
CEO / CFO / COM

they best hosting company around here. NOT ahaha lol idiots.
@US this sucks for you man.

@sniffdog:

PHP Shell is a shell wrapped in a PHP script. It’s a tool you can use to execute arbitrary shell-commands or browse the filesystem on your remote webserver. This replaces, to a degree, a normal telnet connection, and to a lesser degree a SSH connection.

;)

update: he has continued to ignore all contact except that he replied to a ticket with this:
I would suggest getting your stories straight.
Because first you have said you were getting hacked, now you are saying you know nothing about web hosting and no one is doing anything.

Something is going on, and that is why youe account is under investigation so we can help you. Its nothing against you, but this has to be done.

- Sandino
My365Host :|: Chief Executive Officer.
Personal MSN: Sandino@Sandino-Net.info

Ask me how you can get a month free!

WTF?!?!?!?!? My story has been straight since the first message, you all read it, those are the exact same messages he was getting!!!

Say can you please provide proof that you have found a shell on my account if not un suspend it let me get my shit and move on if they have suspended your account due to a shell then they should have proof to back that statement up

This is a reason why i never went anywhere near any kiddy hosts on wj seriously do yourself a favor and just go with a well known host you get what you pay for at the end of the day and i would rather pay more and have someone who actually knows what they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back