Status
Not open for further replies.
21 comments
S2 not getting jelly bean was rumor. But who cares for the official update? I am already on it and am facing no issues at all. Its smooth like anything and the messaging app is so slutty. You will not stop talking on it.

XDA? Use it. Samsung won't help you at all. They will only let you go to ICS max. Not beyond that until official update. Besides uprading is fun. Do it yourself :)

Head over to X.DA Forums (remove the period - bad smiley) and look what's available for your device. Make backups if you're flashing a custom ROM for the first time and it will end up all good if done correctly.

Note: by rooting your phone you'll be voiding your warranty. However, you can always unroot it and get it back to stock state in case you want to go to the service center xD

- Proudly running AOKP Nightly 1 on my Galaxy Nexus. Sporting Jelly Bean since the day it was announced at I/O B-)

Debating telling my girl to get this instead of the iPhone.

Women are stupid.

Your girl will not listen. Period.

+1

I frnds is using Galaxy S II he upgrade it to ICS but he switched back cause the software was getting heavier and was hanging the phone . I suggest not to upgrade

There's no lag on ICS at all on a GS2 even on stock ICS. You're friend must have a shit ton of apps running in the background slowing down the phone. If you want a better Rom root and flash Cyanogenmod 9 over shitty samsung touchwiz.

I second that. No lags for me when I was on ICS. You didn't underclock your phone, did ya?
Also, if you got lags on ICS then jelly beans will solve that problem. It is buttery smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back