Status
Not open for further replies.

r00ts

Banned
Banned
Well i discovered that wordpress can be run from own PC.
I was just wondering if people can connect to it?
I tryed to connect to my own wordpress from another PC but could do it...

Ports problem or something extra that must be done?

My local wordpress adress is 127.0.0.....:8000/wordpress

I tryed to cennect to it via my external ip...

So how do i connect to it via my external ip?
Is it smart to run WP via RDP?

5 comments
Firstly, it is definitely a bad idea to run wordpress from RDP. Imagine if you missed to pay the RDP invoice and the provider terminates your account ? Your wordpress data will be lost.

Secondly, web host servers were made/invented for a reason. If there was no harm in hosting sites from home PC, then no one would have used web servers ;) Its there for a reason :)

So scrap this idea of hosting wordpress from RDP or your home PC. Just get a host and start hosting your wordpress blog.

if you have static ip then you can see wordpress if its installed in your pc.
if you want in rdp then install xampp and run through it,use rdp ip in browser,you will be able to see your wordpress site,thanks.

you may do it but ONLY for tests. if you want to host that wordpress website than... buy a host service!

rdp are one server sharing resources by hungry uploaders, "unraring" megafiles, it goes slower and slower (that why people complain that their rdp is slower :) )

yes, shared host also share the same server but... users are not using other kind of resources, you have a dedicated ip, you have your cpanel, setup email etc etc.

if you have static ip then you can see wordpress if its installed in your pc.
if you want in rdp then install xampp and run through it,use rdp ip in browser,you will be able to see your wordpress site,thanks.

100% Agreed with you.. its the basic and fine solution for you TC..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back