Status
Not open for further replies.

tyyymyshoe

Robert King - a real wiener

part of article published by torrentfreak:

"If it’s up to the one man army of adult industry businessman Robert King, all payment providers will follow. King is actively approaching these companies and says he wont stop before all major file-hosters are disconnected.

While King’s efforts probably have some effect, he can’t take credit for disconnecting PayPal from Putlocker three months ago. United States-based MediaFire also told TorrentFreak that King had little to do with their PayPal issues.

MediaFire says it stopped accepting PayPal after the company was unable to reach an agreement with the payment provider.
“PayPal started a discussion with us in February regarding continued use of its service. Ultimately, we were not able to agree on how to move forward and, as such, stopped accepting new customers through PayPal in early June,†Mediafire co-founder Tom Langridge told TorrentFreak.
MediaFire sees PayPal’s recent actions as a direct consequence of the Megaupload shutdown.

“I think it’s fair to say that because of PayPal’s business model, it got burned by the sudden shutdown of Megaupload,†Langridge says. However, unlike some other file-hosters, MediaFire was fortunate enough to be able to prepare for the switch.

“We have been planning for this change for some time so the impact to new and future customers is negligible. We have seen no impact to continued sales since we stopped accepting PayPal,†Langridge told us.

While not all file-hosters are equally impacted, it is clear that the troubled industry has a long way to go before things calm down."

6 comments
Whine all you want. The only thing that will bring back the file locker industry is if you discontinue the practice of willfully and wantonly f***g the entire media creation industry.

You might want to start creating your own media right now, if that's what you're into. Or maybe you can start a software development company. Then all of you can see first-hand just how much money you can make when you give everything away for free.

I included a graph for your pleasure.

graph

Synergize, I'm not whining about the file locker industry I just think its funny that robert king is a real weiner and taking all the credit for shutting down file lockers when it was probably going to happen anyway

Paypal did drop Oron long long time before the witch hunt started by King. If I'm not wrong, they lost paypal in 2011, then they got it back for a while and they definitively lost it in January 2012. Same about Filesonic, who did lose Paypal in January 2012. Nothing new under the sun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back