ShareShiz Banned Banned

Feb 13, 2010
    RIAA: Innovation is the Best Way to Kill Piracy
    By Ernesto

2. mopar546

mopar546 New Member Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I can think of one cause for the drop.
    There is a ton of crappy music out there these days.It's so crappy that people don't even want it for free.lol

3. JGM

JGM New Member Member

Jan 7, 2008
    People are getting more and more picky about what they spend their money on be it games, software, music or whatever else. Some people will pirate for the sake of downloading stuff for free and will never pay for anything but I believe that a lot of these so called "pirates" download something to try it out first and if they really like it they buy it. How many times have you gone out and bought a CD and listened to it then thought "what a waste of money that was?" a fair few I should imagine.

Things like Steam have helped with piracy because you can buy games at a great reduction in their sales (which they have a lot of), a few months ago I bought a Grand Theft Auto pack for like £10 which has 7 or so games in it!

People want value for money and not to be ripped off with a shitty game that cost them £35-40 on a console that they then complete in 6 hours.

JGM.

4. mopar546

mopar546 New Member Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Considering I started switching over to cd in 1987,quite a few.
    I also didn't notice the record companies giving me a discount on a cd because I already owned it in album or cassette form & was upgrading to the new format.
    If I remember correctly,they were charging us $15 a pop for cd's at that time.What would the equivalent of $15 be now,$25.00 ?