Status
Not open for further replies.

diablo9975

Hey Guys,
Can you please have a look at http://www.area51warez.info/

and please review the site, what you like and what your dislikes.

Thankyou.

Hi friends please review area51warez.info again as we change a design and also deleted all of our previous downloads that submitted before july 2011

now on 21 aug area51warez.info becames 5 years old

Last edited:
16 comments
Cons:
Numbers in the domain.
.info domain
Theme is very dull and doesn't suit much.
DMCA link on header
Too many ads
Logo sucks

Fix your About us page. You can remove calender too. Remove VIP sites link from header and move it too footer and make it a box rather than a drop down menu. Lose teh poll. Site tagline doesn't suit the domain name :/

Looks to me like you started the site just to earn some $ from it. 2/10 from me.

@warezboy Thanks

@soft2050 Ya sure refining Ranks.

@tehlolkid: ya number in domain but 85% traffic is organic not a ddl site based lol..
DMCA link on header: thanks removing from header and changing to footer
Too many ads: only three add : 2 of 160X600 and 1 is 460x60 Thats to many???
Looks to me like you started the site just to earn some $ from it. 2/10 from me. do you know how much members their? its about 57878

What's the defination of your domain? What's area 51?

Maybe you should have an own unique page where you describe what area 51 is and about it's features.

I don't like your style due to the massive empty spaces on both left and right side.
Either you should expand everything or you have to add something else on these two sides.

It's an odd thing to have the site archieve in the header. I would rather have something else there and teleport the site archieve down to the footer or on one of the sidebars.

You launched area51warez in December 2010 and it's already filled with ads.
You should definately remove the ads until you have some nice traffic as you wont earn anything now anyway as I assume you don't have that much traffic yet.

One last thing I would like to suggest is that you use the exact same image sizes on each and single article. If you have many differnet editors, then let them now.

The site would look way more professional and better just with this small change. Or you could use some kind of image resizer.

Best of Luck.

@MrSandvikd efination of domain is said by xl2onald about warez.

for empty spaces : i am doing this change.
archieve in header : this is also going to change
You launched area51warez in December 2010 : not this is online since 2006 I deleted about 200000 and more post and their is 57883 members and it has 85% organic and direct traffic around 5k daily
we changed at dec 2010 and offline in past two months due to some reaseons.

Ya it from 2006 Hx Thanks

@ MrSandvik : you suggested to use the exact same image sizes on each and single article So it done.

Thanks

My apologizes, I thought you launched the site in december 2010. I just noticed that the archieves didn't go further therefore I assumed it was launched recently.

Dear Admin,

Your site nice,

Here is my review

> Out of browser on 1024x780 resolution. Try to fix screen width
> Logo Not good
> Try to Reduce Categories (merge or try Categories and sub categories)
> Flag counter not required
> Read More button need to be more visible

Please dnt mind, above is only my views

Thanks,
mann

@mannNmeet:

1. for out of browser: according to our stats only 20% are visitors uses resolution less than 1024x780 and remaining 80% are higher so we keep it for that 80%
the visitors with 1024x780 resolution can zoom out to 90% to feet site in their browser
2. Logo Not good: ya working on it soon change the logo
3. reduce categories : categories needed but will chage the look of that, will add drop down menu for subcategories
4.Flag counter not required: removed
5. Read More button need to be more visible: it updated, now it visible (due to cloudfare need 4 hours to update)

Thanks for your review

Please say what you think so we can improve more

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back