Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckBre

So my question is do you folks register on Affiliate programs with real or fake info? Is real info a must if you want to get paid? I'm asking cuz i want to add some pps ads like friendly duck.

13 comments
ur payout method email should be real (how the heck are u going to get payout then)
other than that fake and u should like have it look like its real

My story:

I use real info. I was hacked and a domain was stolen with godaddy. To get it back you have to fax ID with your real name/address on it to match the registration info. If I didn't use my real info, I wouldn't have had the domain back in my account within a couple hours.

Plus if somebody reports your site for using fake info (dmca company maybe) you may lose your domain. A member here had a dmca notice mailed to him. Had he used fake details, he wouldn't have received it and things may have escalated.

thr are positives & negatives of both adding fake info or legit info. I would recommend add legit info but not full info like dont give ur address but just city name some local phone number & legit name

Real information should be used if you're registering for most affiliate programs, otherwise you may not be able to get your account back or cash your checks.

If you are some 12yo kid, affraid of parents finding out about your "side job" then go ahead and use fake, but if you treat earning online seriously, then you should be honest with affiliate companies you're working with. If you don't trust them with your data, then how you are trusting them that they are not cheating you on stats? Trust needs to go both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back