Referrals in Signature. Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfø9

Today two of WJ Respected Members were banned temporarily for having forced referral cookie in their signature.

When I asked in ShoutBox I was told that we are not allowed to use referrals link. They also told me that it is more of a common sense rule & is not mentioned in any rule book.

I just want to know as we are allowed to sell our signature space(Few moderators are selling their signature space already). Also stated by Mr Happy Here

[slide]http://i.imgur.com/CMEEM.png[/slide]

As a matter of fact the Fileserve advt above is actually a referral link.

ADicq.png

Links to : http://www.fileserve.com/?a=113

I can not understand why we cant just have same referral link in our "allowed to be sold" signature space? (As far as we are not hiding them & using wrong methods to force members to them without their knowledge).

(I have Uploading.com referral link in sig atm & its almost same to advt above)

/discuss

18 comments
Anyone who's selling his signature space, is plain retarded. And about R-T and SJshah, I think it wasn't just about referral link, it was something about cookie stuff. But, I really don't care.

Mila Kunis is hot.

When I asked in ShoutBox I was told that we are not allowed to use referrals link. They also told me that it is more of a common sense rule & is not mentioned in any rule book.

I just want to know as we are allowed to sell our signature space(Few moderators are selling their signature space already). Also stated by Mr Happy Here
Many thread were deleted and many were warned because of the same reason ,referral link.
and ya it should be added to rules

My suggestion is not to allow any kind of advertising or referral link in the signature or atleast restrict selling sig space
There is no point in allowing people to sell sig space but not ref link

Today two of WJ Respected Members were banned temporarily for having forced referral cookie in their signature.
well deserved.i think they should also be removed from respected position too if its a temporary ban as its more about forced cookie (if it is true) than about the referral link like you have now

From what I know, there was some code in their sigs which created a forced cookie for the site their sigs linked to. But I think the action taken by the staff was too drastic. They should have been warned once I guess. :/

I hope they are unbanned soon. :-?

lol WJ is getting Weirder and Weirder cauz of some kiddy teen age "MODS"
i really dont know why they are even mods and cauz of some ass lickers who supports them by supporting them on there kiddy stuffs
and i remember ELJ saying "members are allowed to use there siggy space for advertising" in MRP thread yup i am sure elj said something like that ;)

That screenshot or my message and what Mr-R-T and Sjshah did are totally different.

The screenshot refers to an advert. The banned respected members where hiding referal links in their signitures which had tracking cookies. A static image which when clicked bringing you to a website and a hidden tracking cookie with hidden coding and redirecting member without their knowledge are totally different. It's basically an advanced scam that generates money.

It was the hidden cookies that the owner of Digital Point was using and look at the problems he got into.

I don't want to go into too much detail about how it works or what they did as it's highly illegal and afraid other may try and use the pratice so you'll just have to trust the staff that what they did was far far worse than the advert links everybody else has in their signiture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back