Recommend - Good UPS for Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

parvshell

I am having an Assembled Desktop PC with 400-500W PSU [Kingston 2GB RAM/WD 320GB SATA-II HD/AOC 19inch LCD/Asus P5B-VM MB/NO Graphics Card].

Please suggest 1 UPS Unit with GOOD Back-UP as well as Value for Money. If possible put forward by your experience. Plus anything with some better features(what they are used for!)....Most Welcome.

Thank You

13 comments
I had a Luminous UPS before. Dead after 2 years. Got its Battery changed twice. Once Luminous Battery, then Exide Battery. They got dead after 5-7 months.
Bad experience with luminous (India)

So, Yesterday only i brought a Microtek 625kVA UPS for 1900Rs (35 USD).
Go for a UPS of 600kVA or More with Double battery, That would cost you around 55 USD. Backup of around 30-35mins. (y)

Bought an iball 621 UPS and its working awesome has ability to bear all the voltage and power loads ... i'll recommend this one.

Heard alot about APC....can u give more details.....what makes them so good+specifications+services+how much they cost?

it depends on your requirement mate. most of computer/electronic distributor have them. visit distributor site and inquire about it.

it is good that most of the cheaper UPS almost generic or sub-standard compare to it.

CyberPower 550VA/330W is what I use. Hasn't failed, works great, and was only $25 on sale.

Its all you really need if you are looking for true surge protection and if the power goes out, you have about 30mins to shutdown, depending what your PSU size is and if there is anything else plugged into the UPS.

Okay this is what u should do!

My father has a business and we are authorised dealers for Su-KAM, Luminous and EXIDE Batterys in Chnadigarh for the last 15 years in india!

I'm gonna ask u 2 simple questions!

1) How much backup do you need?
2) Do you have a inverter installed at your home already?

Basically a UPS comes with a 7AH Battery which is pretty small in size.. has no Lead Acid in it and has a small life span like 2-3 years.

And when it comes the UPS market only, nothing beats APC! we were dealing in APC untill they shut down there local service center, so we stopped.

Yes they are a little expensive, but they are best at what they do.

A UPS will only provide u with a max backup of i would say 30 mins (pretty standard)

but if you don't already have a inverter in your house.. i would recommend u get one.. cause u r gonna have to in the future no matter what.

A good simple Inverter setup should cost u around 13K INR, and will provide u with atleast a 3 Hours Backup on Full Load, which is usually 800W. reduce the load and the backup will increase.. and don't worry they all have inbuilt UPS.

and from a dealers prospective i would recommend u go with SU-KAM.. they have faster service and less complaint rate as compared to Luminous.

Also now a days Exide is also making inverters, choose that if you can get your hands on them.. there almost the same price! but remember while getting the battery no matter what brand u get.. only buy a Exide 150AH (Various Models) come and if you need help or advice regarding models, lemme know.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back