Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos22

I am seeing more and more RDP providers selling 10 Gbps RDP's but with weak CPU's like E3-1230 and without SSD.

But what's the point? Without a strong CPU and SSD drives, the users can't take advantage of the 10 Gbps line.

From my experience only Host-Dzire sells 10 Gbps RDP that are really great for the users, because they have fast SSD drives and super powerful CPUs.

What is your experience with the other RDP providers that sell 10 Gbps RDP but with weak CPUs and without SSD drives? Are they any better than a 1 Gbps RDP?

11 comments
Simply You would need drive configuration that allows 1,25 gigabytes per second.

Use raid calculator to compute which configuration is needed: Free RAID Calculator - Calculate RAID Array Capacity and Fault Tolerance.

Depends if you need to write or read at this speed. Usually servers are used to serve/upload/read at this speed i hope.

Usually one classic SSD has very roughly 500Mb/s, and in Raid 0 or 1 the speed should be doubled in case of two drives.

So that is what is needed there, minimum Raid 1 or Raid 0 where read speed is doubled. Raid 1 is more safe.

Standard HDDs has like 10% of the SSD speed. If you give it Raid 10 (4x read speed) it would still not be enough to use 10gbit/s dedicated unshared port.

If im wrong someone correct me.

If you need powerful 10gbit/s server with SSDs, here is one: https://instantcpanelhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=76

SATAs are garbage. They are obsolete and not a viable solution if you have high IO. These servers are probably on a software raid, even with a decent hardware raid controller you can get up to 500mb/s on a raid5 which is the fastest but I highly doubt these servers have enough drives for a raid5.
SATA is great for storage since they are dirt cheap but if you need performance, at least a SAS is required.

But obviously this is expected since people want RD's for a mere 5 or 10$, which is not going to cover for a decent server.

So @Maniac_ what's the point in selling a 10 Gbps RDP when they don't have the drives for it? Are some RDP providers not aware that they need a certain level a hardware to operate these 10 Gbps lines?

You need to ask providers with whom you experienced bad performance. It is also possible that some offers aim is to impress potential customer by the network speed but in fact speed is shared between many people and moreover storage setup is weak thus ruining user experience even more.

Last edited:
@dragos22

Well you cant stop selling anyone with sata disk and 10Gbps port.
However still many user find that useful because at least they can push more than 1Gbps or 2Gbps ( up to 3Gbps )

SATA Disk With 10Gbps port and weak cpu you can get low price.
But indeed performance will be awful but it's your wish, if you want to pay low, you have to manage with low performance.

All Rdp providers don't have budget to buy Best cpu + SSD Disk + 10Gbps network because it's too costly.
But they still want to take client who asks for 10Gbps port. so they come with alternate options.

Regards
Host DZire

Exactly this ^
10Gbps is a selling point. I do think the provider knows this and the consumer is pretty indifferent to the fact you pointed out. I don't offer public RD, but I can imagine a top question these guys get is something like "omg I paid for 1Gbps, why do I only get 120MB download rate??!?!!11!"...

Exactly this ^
10Gbps is a selling point. I do think the provider knows this and the consumer is pretty indifferent to the fact you pointed out. I don't offer public RD, but I can imagine a top question these guys get is something like "omg I paid for 1Gbps, why do I only get 120MB download rate??!?!!11!"...

Yea :D then rdp provider will say you are in shared service bla bla bla !
They never say their sata disk cant handle more than 2-3Gbps speed lol :D

But off course if you buy shared service dont expect for full 10Gbps everytime :)
But at least if there is no user using you should able to push 6-7Gbps easily

Last edited:
Exactly this ^

Yea :D then rdp provider will say you are in shared service bla bla bla !
They never say their sata disk cant handle more than 2-3Gbps speed lol :D

But off course if you buy shared service dont expect for full 10Gbps everytime :)
But at least if there is no user using you should able to push 6-7Gbps easily

in your 10gbps rdp get full 1gb/s download speed then..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back