Status
Not open for further replies.

viruz99

A few days ago , I received an email from Rapidshare support that my account email was changed . At first i just thought it was a phishing/fake email as i logged on to my account and everythign seemed fined . Only 1-2 days later when i login to my RDP i realised ''Holy Shit'' !!! Email change originated from same Ip . I immediately change my login details everywhere and tried to find more info how that happened .

My first guess was it was done by one of their staff as they have access to the RDPs but even then its not like i leave my login details in a .txt file on the desktop .

Second ( most probable ) - The servers are keylogged which is highly likely since they do not have any security installed ( AV / AntiSpyware ) but even then admin access would be required to install it .

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/e/ubfyZ5.png[/slide]

Already PM'd the Ip to Jason if any Mods requires it - PM me

I completely stopped using both my services there till i found out how that happened and not to risk using my new details in case they get phished again - All i was told is that email belongs to one of their clients and he doesn't have admin access :O

If anyone has any Idea who that guy is or how he got those details - PM me . his email : mukesh123khan@gmail.com

* At all buywindowsvps clients - I recommend you change all your filehosts or any other login details you used on the RDPs as the staff there have no idea yet how that happened ..........

Last edited:
55 comments
I never log in personal acc in RDPs, i use only ftp upload or zoom uploader.

edit: But I agree with you, should have some sort of AV or other security.

Depends when you checked - i contacted him about this a few days ago -

Anyway if there is no security issue - how did that guy manage to change my account email adress or even get the login details ? :s

Anyway if there is no security issue - how did that guy manage to change my account email adress or even get the login details ? :s

How Would We know,
You have the email address of the Person who phished your account,
Please contact him and Ask him how it Managed to get access to your Rapidshare account.

This is the Best Solution for you.

Cheers

One possibility is your email address has been compromised, some time ago a guy from Egypt caused me many problems and stole my account fileserve.

edit:
But that had nothing to do with my RDP, the guy actually hacked into my email. Have you checked if there was any strange IP logged into your email account these days?

Last edited:
For serious, in RDA's you need to take care of your own files and stuff and security X-(

If you want any AV or anything, ask them to do so or else get a VPS

If its getting keylogged or hacked, its most probably a client or your own fault

How Would We know,
You have the email address of the Person who phished your account,
Please contact him and Ask him how it Managed to get access to your Rapidshare account.

This is the Best Solution for you.

Cheers

Its obvious he got my details on the RDP and possibly other users too - i'm sure you have more details about him as he is your client .
Anyway would go faster if we get his Wjunction ID

@ Shubank - please clarify how the clients can have better security ::
* Do not use any filehosts details on the server ? DL/Ul as free users xD

@viruz, may I know to whom from our staff were you talking to when this happened?

Also, if it was keylogging then he won't attack only you but all the users active on the same server. Like you did received a mail, am sure IF he did tried keylogging, others would have received the same and till to date we haven't received any news/complaints about that.

Getting the login details from the server itself is impossible until it isn't any method of stealing, i.e Keylogging, bruteforce attack(hard to get in until you use a strong password), etc.

For everybody's information, there was one user who was on the same server and was was using bruteforce attack which we did found out and terminated him immediately without any warning so that itself tells that we aren't careless with security.

Thank you!

One possibility is your email address has been compromised, some time ago a guy from Egypt caused me many problems and stole my account fileserve.

edit:
But that had nothing to do with my RDP, the guy actually hacked into my email. Have you checked if there was any strange IP logged into your email account these days?

Could be one possible reason, but we can't blame him straight away as yet we don't know what really happened and how that guy got into his account.

For serious, in RDA's you need to take care of your own files and stuff and security X-(

If you want any AV or anything, ask them to do so or else get a VPS

If its getting keylogged or hacked, its most probably a client or your own fault

Installing AV's will slow down the system and we will be flooded with complaints for the system being slow and yes true that the client's themselves should also take care of it though we try our selves to do the best. But again, as we don't know what happened really we can't either blame virus for that too.

EDIT : Let see if he is here in wJunction.

Last edited:
Everything needed to staff the site was always willing to help me, as I have seen Glenn made ​​available to the moderators check whether there is commitment on the servers, I believe they are trustworthy people, it really is a very complicated situation, try to contact staff rapidshare skype (I've done it a while ago) and sends all the details you have.

Its obvious he got my details on the RDP and possibly other users too - i'm sure you have more details about him as he is your client .
Anyway would go faster if we get his Wjunction ID

Do what ever you wish to and to add its Against our Policies to share a Clients Info with a 3rd Party. Hence I cannot give you any more info about him.

But, One thing I am wondering,
He changed the email address at first and then He changed it back to your email address, Which Mean he isn't a bad guy. May be he unknowingly logged in your account ? Because, if he wanted to Phish your account , he wouldnt change it back to your address.

One more thing, Stop wasting your time in creating useless threads and Go Secure your accounts.

CHeers

Well me and Arikarin monitor the security on the server and it is checked from time to time on all servers and we have no flaws at all. We do it two to three times at the time of configuring and also later on when the server is active.

We do not keylog our members and that reason sounds to be imperfect to me as we don't have the need to do it at all. Mods can happily check the server for flaws and I will volunteer to show them how we monitor the security also.

You might have misplaced it and you lost it. Server is not keylogged and don't misguide the other Clients also. We monitor the applications used by the users on the server and each application requires an approval from administrator.

Your are also our client and he is also our client. We have the same details of both users and no extra details and why would we have something more which you are mentioning ?? You might have saved the RDP details somewhere or a poor password might have been the reason too. How can you simply blame the RDP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back