Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! We'd like to know what you think of our new theme & platform, click here to share your thoughts!
  1. ShareShiz

ShareShiz Banned

Feb 13, 2010
    RapidShare Publishes Anti-Piracy Manifesto for Cyberlockers
    By Ernesto

Swiss-based file-hosting service RapidShare has released an anti-piracy manifesto to serve as a guideline for cyberlocker and cloud hosting sites. Partly motivated by the criminal indictment of Megaupload, RapidShare stresses that they will do all they can to counter piracy, even if this is at the expense of user privacy and convenience.

Read the Full Manifesto Here

2. JGM

JGM New Member Member

Jan 7, 2008
    It will because of this new manefesto that you will see a huge decline in the number of people who use your service legal or otherwise. If you do not respect the privacy of people files among other things then why the hell should anybody pay to use your service.

Another stupid idea brought to you by Rapidshare.

JGM.

3. ShareShiz

ShareShiz Banned

Feb 13, 2010
    I could not agree more. The reason why I use filehosts/cloud services is for privacy. If you ain't gonna give me privacy I might as well just get my own server.

4. Jiung

Jiung New Member Member

Oct 25, 2011
    let me call this "grey" opportunity from RS, they want all user keep using RS whatever the content, in other side they wanna keep "clean" from cyberlockers. money talks here..

5. mintcold

mintcold New Member Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ok , this MAY be right in the States , but Rapid-dick is based in Switzerland , and the laws their apply to them .. I don't think The Law in Switzerland allows users personal info to be shared without a court order ..

6. Lifetalk

Lifetalk Well-Known Member Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Classic example where Rapidshare sucks the 'copyright holders'' cock to save itself. Megaupload might have gone down, but they did it with respect. Rapidshare, on the other hand, is just about anyone's bitch when it comes to saving ass.

7. Smith

Smith New Member Member

Sep 26, 2009
    "Rapidshare bends over and takes it like a little slut."
    [​IMG]

8. examan345

examan345 New Member Member

Apr 11, 2012
    i think they would rather lose half of their users than risk getting shut down like megaupload

9. JGM

JGM New Member Member

Jan 7, 2008
    I think they will lose more than half... a lot more.

JGM.

10. SJshah

SJshah New Member Respected

Jun 28, 2009
    They're in a loose-loose situation with anything they do right now. They're making the right move when looking at it from their point of view. Compromising on user privacy will keep them alive, wheras doing nothing will only lead to worse things for Rapidshare.

11. okone

okone New Member Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I love how people don't seem to realise this is a manifesto, not a change in TOS or Privacy Policy. As such, it should only be regarded as a media stunt designed to ward off the MPAA.

They might as well have called it their magical list of happy thoughts.

12. foxman

foxman New Member Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Well, RS is under pressure, what else can it do?

13. Lifetalk

Lifetalk Well-Known Member Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Would be pretty stupid if they released a manifesto they don't intend on heeding themselves to; so if no one else, you can at least count on Rapidshare to invade user privacy to co-operate with the MPAA. And that, is going to bite them in their ass.

14. okone

okone New Member Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I hear where you're coming from but, they cannot actually implement any of that without user permission. It would require changing their privacy policy and terms of service. Until that is done, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

15. Krosis

Krosis New Member Member

Feb 21, 2012
    mfw i bought 1 month premium like 1 hour before that article came out

[​IMG]

Are there ANY reliable filehosts out there? 'Cept for MU.

16. ShareShiz

ShareShiz Banned

Feb 13, 2010
    thats what everyone thought with all the other filehosts. but. look for the rule in the TOS where it says. we can change our rules at any time.