Status
Not open for further replies.
They are charging me €15 for administration fee when I request a refund. Anyone have the same or similar fee?
Don't accept that. If you paid with CC, threaten them to do a chargeback for the full amount since they broke their own settled terms which you paid for.

Please don't accept any new agreement from RapidShare, Premium Users

We all have a contract for a certain time, and RapidShare agreed with those terms, and can't suddenly change it into their convenience
Make your statement, and ask for a complete refund + additional costs to find a new host, and enough time to transfer your files

The only thing we can do, is fight this with legal things, or lose all files and money we invested :(

My lawyer is already on it, and already said that it's illigal what Rapidshare is doing now in international laws

Last edited:
Don't accept that. If you paid with CC, threaten them to do a chargeback for the full amount since they broke their own settled terms which you paid for.

I paid with PaySafeCard and it's not possible to refill a PaySafeCard. However, I agree with you €15 is too much. If they change theirs policy, there wouldn't be any fee at all.

We all have a contract for a certain time, and RapidShare agreed with those terms, and can't suddenly change it into their convenience
Make your statement, and ask for a complete refund + additional costs to find a new host, and enough time to transfer your files

The only thing we can do, is fight this with legal things, or lose all files and money we invested :(

My lawyer is already on it, and already said that it's illigal what Rapidshare is doing now in international laws

I really wonder if they would accept that... If all user maybe but not some users only. :thunder:

i already sent them that they can not

- change their terms whenever they can........(this is handy-amateur host not a serious filehost) i pay and you paid for a product as we both agreed to the terms the payment day. (ask the lawyer)

- remove files within 6 days after this f*ck!ng announcement

this is UN-PROFESSIONAL and many people who are serious will report their business not only to paypal but with lawyer to either refund the money or change terms.

Their decision not only destroys us, but it kills their product and their employees overall in the the next months.

Last edited:
Engaging a lawyer is far too expensive for such a thing despite if you have really important files. You need a lawyer in Switzerland who charges 300-500 CHF an hour. But yes, if you have really important files on it and RS does not give you any chance to save them from being deleted, I would consider it. Then you should send them a registered letter that you will not accept their change of terms and they are not allowed to touch even one of your files. If they do, you can go to court, but that will be really expensive and you have to spend several thousands (nevertheless it could be worth that, because RS broke their terms and you paid for the service).

@smx was talking about similar situation. It is not for everyone :)

And we both know that RS has value customers who are not playing games with them like they did to us.

the most FREAKING decision from RAPIDSHARE :( is the deletion of the files within 6-days

you announce something

OK.

give at least (minimum 20days) 30-days to the people to breath......do not kill anyone even your own product is killed

4 TB / 358.09 € (30 days) / 3688.09 € (365 days)

8 TB / 758.09 € (30 days) / 7688.09 € (365 days)

16 TB / 1558.09 € (30 days) / 15688.09 € (365 days)

:psy::psy:

:fly::fly:

4 TB / 358.09 € (30 days) / 3688.09 € (365 days)

8 TB / 758.09 € (30 days) / 7688.09 € (365 days)

16 TB / 1558.09 € (30 days) / 15688.09 € (365 days)

:psy::psy:

:fly::fly:

4 TB / 340.09 € (30 days) / 3670.09 € (365 days)

8 TB / 740.09 € (30 days) / 7670.09 € (365 days)

2 TB / 140.09 € (30 days) / 1670.09 € (365 days)

:psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly::psy::fly:

holding on with them is the worst idea at all, if they started this transition abruptly, they are trying to scam you as much as possible before they went dead so if they get dead, youll fall along with them and your being ripped off for nothing.

I told them, who da hell think you are jag-off? there are lots of optional places has 100-1000 mbit places can keep 10-20 tb
with 70-200 euro per month, while you are offering 1000-1500 euro for it. What da hell you drink or smoke, please send me
a full tank from it. ı want to have a jag on.

i suggested a few pages back..but i think nobody paid heed to it...Rapidshare fucked us...its that simple....if you are thinking of moving your files you still can't do it...especially if you have tons of data stored in there...so everybody who posted here ..let's do something about it...let's call paypal...and report that they are hosting ILLEGAL files..your data would be deleted in 4-5 days..so it would be great if you share some working links online...and then send that page to Paypal saying that rapidshare promotes the sharing of illegal files..it would be great to see Rapidshare DEVOID of paypal once and for all...:D

rapidshare got a huge drop, seems like they will make a hard fall this time compare to mediafire :) ,how i wish they both die together, a business that doesnt hold to their words is just a plain failure

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

4.85 TB down to 4.5TB, spend the whole day just to backup a 300Gigs,lolzzzz

I’m sorry to hear that you do not accept the individual product offer we personally made for you. Unfortunately it is not possible for us to offer you a different price at this time.

Please note that we are aware that there is other offers out there, however if they can deliver the bandwidth, the security and customer support RapidShare offers is questionable. We do offer software solutions for our product, the phone support is almost unique in cloud-storage. If this is not what you are looking for then indeed you might want to consider moving service. I am sorry to hear this but I understand you want and should do what is best for you.

What happens now?
At the 20.03.2013 the new plans will be active. All RapidPro customers will automatically get the 250GB storage plan. If you want the 500GB storage plan, please choose it on our homepage. Please note, if you choose the 500GB plan, the runtime will be halved.

At the 03.04.2013 the deletion rules starts. Therefore make sure you save all your data, if you exceed the storage limit. The deletion rules can be found here:
https://www.rapidshare.com/#help_faq

I got an answer from rapidgator:
"Dear Customer,
The files are beind deleted after 30 days from teh last time they were
downloaded.
Kind regards, Anna."

What serious filehoster writes 'teh' lol?
Also anyone know if hotfile deletes our files after 30 days with no traffic?
I got almost all of my files from RS to RG but it seems like RG is only good for temporary file storage, so i hope to find a better alternative within 30 days..

What happens now?
At the 20.03.2013 the new plans will be active. All RapidPro customers will automatically get the 250GB storage plan. If you want the 500GB storage plan, please choose it on our homepage. Please note, if you choose the 500GB plan, the runtime will be halved.

At the 03.04.2013 the deletion rules starts. Therefore make sure you save all your data, if you exceed the storage limit. The deletion rules can be found here:
https://www.rapidshare.com/#help_faq

got the same reply today (as i re-sent another ticket not about their new prices....but when they start to delete files

in order to limit the panic the deletion starts from 2nd-3rd of april (of the files exceed their new limit policy 250/500gb)

On the 03.04.2013 the files exceeding your storage limit will be deleted. More information about which files will be deleted, you can find here: https://rapidshare.com/#help_faq
I apologize if you meant that you have to delete everything now, you have at least more than a week and if you still need more time, please contact us as soon as possible.

I hope this answered your question. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back