Questions about RDP - Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

7up

It is the first time I'm using this service and would like a initial help
Silly question for some, but for those who do not know the solution, is a monster of seven heads!
How do I upload my files / have access to my files via RDP to carry them with filezilla or other means ..

I thank everyone who help - Happy New Year! Cheers! :sun:

12 comments
RDP is just like your desktop PC but with more power resources and connection speed.
So, treat it as your personal PC exactly, you can download files first and then upload them with fileZilla or by anyway.

Yeah, I realize ....
You mean you have to download the file first and Then send via ftp? OMG!
The space is small .. is download, upload, delete ... endless ...

His help was a good surprise, thanks for that ..

And how to upload to rockfile do not have ftp? Via web?

Thanks.

Yes I understand. The boring about this story is, not have access to PC files to upload the RDP. I think this kills a little the service ...

hmm.. first i want to ask, did u mean, you wanted to directly download the file which on your RDP server to your actual pc at home? if you wanted to do that, you have to make a your rdp server become webserver, then it would be open the port which let you access the RDP through your actual pc browser.

in the otherway, you may use google drive, dropbox, or box.com (please google) to upload your file first, and then download it using your web browser on your actual pc.

CMIIW

No. I'll explain better...
I thought it might with RDP, have access to my pc or even my external HD.
Because I have many links offline, by the fall of several hostings (fileom, FreakShare, Bitshare, hulkfile, ...) and wanted to upload these files with RDP. (image1)
But it will be not as easy as I thought (image2)

image1

10ynyv6.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image2

jj429x.jpg

thanks

Don't your RDP service have something like FTP Server app? I had Filezilla Server installed on the RDP I'm using, and I just upload files from my Home PC to the RDP thru FTP, then use the RDP to upload those flies wherever I want, etc. Using an intermediate hosting might be good, but I'd always prefer ftp transfer from Home PC to RDP or vice versa since I have more control on it (speed/resume/rename/directory access/etc.)

Tennouji@
His method is very good! I did not know he could transfer the files via FTP (on pc) to the RDP .. Unfortunately tried here and it did not work ...

The connection has exceeded the time limit
Error: Could not connect to server

thanks for the suggestion

Not sure if this can help you in this case.
But have you tried to attach your hard disk partitions?

XDbQVyi.gif

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/XDbQVyi.gif

Here you can access your local resources over the RDP session, and you can copy/past and this will upload/download your files.
After you access your RDP with shared drivers, you will find your driver on "Computer" as a shared partition.
You can try this.

Last edited:

XDbQVyi.gif

Code:

Here you can access your local resources over the RDP session, and you can copy/past and this will upload/download your files.
After you access your RDP with shared drivers, you will find your driver on "Computer" as a shared partition.
You can try this.

Thank you buddy! Simply sensational, this response will be a watershed moment in my life of uploader ...
And surely help others. Seriously, the best gift you could give me ... :friends:

:psy::psy::psy::psy::psy::psy::psy:

XDbQVyi.gif

Code:

You can try this.

Thank you buddy! Simply sensational, this response will be a watershed moment in my life of uploader ...
And surely help others. Seriously, the best gift you could give me ... :friends:

:psy::psy::psy::psy::psy::psy::psy:

I'm happy to see your issue solved.
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back