Private Thread - Redirect to create account

Status
Not open for further replies.

zay

I have a private forum that when clicked actually lets the users go into the forum (which I do want them to see the room exists) While there it just says that there are no posts when there are. Is there a way that instead of taking them into the forum that says no posts i could have it redirect them to a "You must sign in" or create an account to view this page?

::EDIT::

I use vBulletin, but a good example of what I am wanting to do is:

http://www.warez-bb.org/

Go there without signing in, and click on apps or any of them, and youll see how it redirects you to login/create username screen

11 comments
In AdminCP go to edit that usergroup.

Can View Forum - Yes
Can View Thread Content - Yes
Can View Others' Threads - No (This works coz I assume that usergroup hasn't made a thread in that forum :p
and all other settings don't matter.

didnt work, it still shows the same thing... a blank forum with 0 threads in it, instead of it redirecting the guest to a place to sign up or login

ok - allow guests to view forums and read topics and add this to:

o viewtopic.php - if you want them to view the forum contents but not read posts
o viewforum.php - if you want them to be directed to login page after they go to an area.

after:
Code:
// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
add:

Code:
 case 'login':

// Guest Redirect Code
// --------------------

if ($user->data['is_registered'])
      {
         redirect(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"));
      }

$redirect   = request_var('redirect', '');   

if($redirect)
      {
         login_box($redirect);
      }else{
         login_box("index.$phpEx");
      }

break;
// ---------------

in phpbb3 its in the public_html root.. i assumed since you mentioned warezbb as an example you would be using phpbb..

oh, sorry no.. im using vBulletin... thats just where i saw a good example of what i was interested in doing.

Sorry that i did not specify that i had VB :(

know how to do it under vB?

I do that, but none of the options Ive tried redirects to a screen that requests to login, instead it just lets the guest get into the forum, but he just doesnt see any threads, isntead of going into the forum and seein no threads I want it to take them to a screen to register

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back