Status
Not open for further replies.

getmediafire

Hi,
I want to ask that in WHM cpanel what should be the primary and secondary resolvers? What if my ip is 94.23.194.123 and I set the primary and secondary are the same as my ip 94.23.194.123? Will it work good or I set them to default values which were 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

10 comments
DNS-Records are the one used by your Hosting-Provider.
if you have a normale Hosting-Provider they are normally already been installed.

check the wiki of your host or write a mail.

If you change them to your own IP what do you want to do?
how does your Server know which ip lies behind which file?
he has to ask another DNS-Server (or you have to install an DNS-Server)

Thanks Daringhost, please tell me 1 thing more if I change it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, will I have to do something more to ping my nameservers to this ip? I already added A records of my nameservers for this IP but my nameservers are still not pinging and my site is not propagating

Have you setup the nameservers with your domain registrar? (NameCheap, GoDaddy, ect). With whatever company you bought your domain from you need to setup the nameservers with them: for example you need to create ns1.youdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com and point both those nameservers to your server IP address (which in this case looks to be 94.23.194.123)

Oh I forgot to point both nameservers to my new IP, Now I have changed the IP address of my nameservers, How much time will it take to propagate? Is there any way to propagate quickly?

It could take up to 24 - 48 hours, however most times it only takes a few hours depending on your ISP. There is nothing you can do to speed up propagation.

Ok thanks

Dear can you please clear me one thing more that I checked my DNS zone Editor where I checked my domain e.g mydomain.com
it is showing against mydomain.com IN A 94.23.184.154 and also same IP address is written against ftp, cpanel, whm, webdisk etc.

is it alright?

Last edited:
Have you added Google DNS as your Primary Name Servers ? Did you asked this to your Hosting provider ?

Your website won't point and open until Redundant DNS setup by your Hosting providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back