Status
Not open for further replies.

orbofdarkness

Hi all,

I have this wordpress site called searchoflife.com on which I have noticed the post urls are not matching with the post title. For Example:

Post Title - A Dialogue With Nature
Post URL -
http://searchoflife.com/dialogue-nature-2013-09-12

Words like 'A' and 'with' are not present in the post URL. This has been the trend since a few days. After investigating I found out that it was due to my plugin SEO ultimate which is actually creating post slugs automatically for the post urls. So my question is whether it is advisable to use post slugs instead of the full post url. Does it affect the SERPS for my site?

6 comments
words that are very common should be ignored such as 'a','with','for','is' and so on. Maybe that is why its getting ignored? To me the format it looks is like Title-YYYY-MM-DD....

I know that those words are being ignored due to the slug optimizer feature. But will it affect my SEO or is it better that way?

Last night I searched a few keywords and noticed a post which is ranking on the first place at first position. Now this post is having the post slug instead of the entire URL. Here is the keyword
liberation from innate darkness - 1st position
empathy is the liberation - 5th position
Post Title - Empathy is the liberation from Innate Darkness
Post URL - http://searchoflife.com/empathy-liberation-innate-darkness-2013-09-02
Also I checked on my localhost after disabling the slug optimizer. It seems that wordpress is automatically redirecting to the new URL so it won't be a problem to change the older post slug URLS yo complete URLs. But I feel I won't touch those posts which are already having good rankings with post slugs. Any suggestions?

I'm just concerned about certain posts having very common keywords. Like one post had the post title as Value of Friendship. But the post URL was trimmed to just friendship with the date. So it would be more difficult to rank for this particular post. Also if the slug optimizer is enabled it doesn't allow me to change specific post URLs.

ITS ALL ABOUT
HOW MUCH YOU TRUST ON THAT seo PLUGIN
If you think , that kind of plugin help you, then continue with it or just throw it out
in these days, SEO is a Joke,guys with tiny knowledge doing seo things,just for get some sales or reputation!
you need to concern it with a SEO expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back