PlugRush starts campaign against Adblockers: RemoveAdblock.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextri

PlugRush, the most innovative traffic broker in the adult industry is starting a campaign to educate Internet users about the consequences of using Adblock browser extensions.

Adblock is increasingly becoming a problem for websites that rely on advertisement as their main source of revenue. Users with Adblock installed in their browsers are leeching bandwidth and server resources, and are a big problem for sites that have ad revenue as it's primary revenue stream. For the average website around 5-10% of the users have Adblock installed. On a global scale more than 200 million users have enabled the popular browser extension. For many websites it can become a substantial cost to allow these users to have access to the site without contributing anything at all to increased revenue. Many websites is forced to use more intrusive methods to generate income.

In an effort to combat the rising amount of Internet users who install Adblock, the team at PlugRush has developed some tools to both educate and monetize these users. A campaign has been started at removeadblock.com to inform users and get them to disable or remove their Adblock extensions. Publishers can install a small script on their website that detects if a user have Adblock installed and will show them a warning, prevent access to the content, and give them instructions on how to turn Adblock off. Our goal is to educate users about the negative consequences Adblock has on a free Internet, and hopefully make an impact on the amount of users who install the extension in their favorite browser.

"I was shocked when I saw the statistics on how many of our users are blocking all our ads." said PlugRush's managing partner Thomas Pedersen. "It's growing rapidly and it is killing the free Internet as we know it. There has to be some way to change this. That's when we came up with the Remove Adblock campaign."

In addition to educating the users, PlugRush publishers can make money on these users by choosing to redirect Adblock users to paid campaigns if the users still decides to not disable or remove their Adblock extensions. Just because these users don't see ads, doesn't mean you can't sell them things. If they don't want to see ads, we have to redirect them directly to the products we want to sell. Test show that this type of users are no different than other users when it comes to sales ratios.

This opens up a completely new audience for Advertisers. They can reach a new untapped market who until now, has been unavailable to them. By creating optimized campaigns targeting Adblock users, some of our early beta test advertisers are even seeing higher conversion ratios than with other types of traffic.

http://www.removeadblock.com
More info: http://www.plugrush.com/advertisers/traffic/adblock_redirects

12 comments
adblockers always win :)

if the site redirect to other or something means, sure user won't visit that site again

Note:
this is gonna affect them, like countries planned to ban piratebay then all newspaper, Tv news shows broadcasted...
now even the unawared guys also know what is piratebay and how to access it with proxy or something.. just the traffic is doubled or tripled

now 95% unawared or unknown viewers install adblocker addon :) . believe it will happen
and more coder will code that type of addon...

so this campaign is fail and reduce revenue for all ads companies

Last edited:
That may be. but why would a website owner that only rely on ads want that user on his site anyways? With PlugRush he can now make money of that user even if the user has Adblock

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

now 95% unawared or unknown views install adblocker addon :) . believe it will happen
and more coder will code that type of addon...

so this campaign is fail and reduce revenue for all ads companies
Your statement doesn't make any sense

lol...

tomorrow all sites or blogs will post about this plugrush campaign, so...
now adblock addon become more and more popular and become basic thing in firefox/chrome, because atleast few blogs support adblock so they may post detailed benefits of adblock sure user

some benefit

** save bandwidth
** site load faster
** Escape from malware , some ads site really means for malware...

users are expecting this only, so...

"I was shocked when I saw the statistics on how many of our users are blocking all our ads." said PlugRush's managing partner Thomas Pedersen.
then he will shock again after this campaign :)

I agree with Torr, they are doing indirect publicity for Adblockers. Now the number of users who use Adblock will increase from 2 Million.
Plugrush doesn't really seem to win over adblockers, instead trying to use this platform to earn more publicity and money.

200 million have adblock. and this campaign is made to educate those users about why it's bad to use it for the sites they love.. The users who have it installed will be redirected to removeadblock.com and get info about why they need to turn it of. We will not promote it or redirect users who doesn't already have adblock installed. So for every new user of adblock this results in, our hope is that a few more gets informed and turns it off. At least for their favorite sites..

One thing is for sure, we can't just sit by and do nothing...

I am not saying that it is your motive to redirect users to use Adblock, what i am saying is, not many people know about Adblock, this campaign "might" educate people about adblock and would definitely go ahead and USE it, rather than remove it.
Ultimately, user experience is preferred over annoying ads.

Another one bites the dust

FYI, removeadblock.com is easily defeated by temporarily turning off javascript, which keeps you from being redirected from the intended site.

If web masters have no problem wasting my time and eyeballs putting ads on their sites, then I have no problem coming up with ways to bypass them. This is the cost of doing business on the public internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back