Status
Not open for further replies.

3xupdate

If I edit or add new post server will overload (Load >10)
Everything works fine If I don't edit or add new post (Load: 2-3)
I'm using WP and here are the list of plugins installed:
Code:
DB Cache Reloaded
Fast Secure Contact Form
Google XML Sitemaps
Hyper Cache (Working)
Platinum SEO Pack
Random Posts widget
WP Colorful Tag Cloud
WP Page Numbers
Please help me to fix it. Thank you so much !!!

17 comments
Well, it's strange that it's doing it after making a post - but OpenVZ with a "usual" load of 2~ worries me a bit. Your provider could be overloading the actual node it self, causing a bit of an issue.

How busy/popular is the site you're running?

Going on your site doesn't really help all that much :) I was just wondering if your site was popular in the sense that it's causing the high loads itself, or whether the "high" idle load was an issue on the node.

How many "hits" / pageviews are you receiving per day? Are lots of people on your site at the same time?

If you're not getting many pageviews and have 1-2 people online at once then I'd be pretty worried and say there's a good chance that the node your on has quite a few people on it since a near idle VM shouldn't have a load average of 2.

Have you optimised your database etc? I'm still feeling that 2 is a bit too high for that site - how much are you paying out of curiosity?

Still struggling to see how a site with that sort of traffic could have an idle load average of 3 legitimately..

What is your db size?
Server specifications?
What is your web server? Apache / Nginx / other

Since your website recieves good amount of visitors, i guess you probably need to upgrade your server

I would also say the node is the issue. You can keep looking for a different answer but if you upgrade then I can make a good guess that the issue will resolve itself. Consider it a compliment from your users that you have out grown your original hosting needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back