Pik'A'Flik; IMDB Tool for uploaders -- DeJay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeJay

Program name: Pik'A'Flik
Author: DeJay
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Description: Connects to the IMDB Database and grabs movie information on a movie you specify.
Also grabs poster, and has plenty of other options.

[Screenshots]
*Main*
62655rEYeWImnGh.png

*Movie Search*
452357rEYeWImnGh.png

*Menus*
313917.png

863903.png

15712Untitle.png

*Movie Finder*
903574XAU_TDjycA6zl.png

*Template Editor*
77993129EfWCSSvTk0.jpg

[/Screenshots]

Code:
https://hotfile.com/dl/188271068/3eb1957/PikAFlik.zip.html

Code:
https://hotfile.com/dl/188271068/3eb1957/PikAFlik.zip.html

*NOTE*
If the included missing files do not work, you can find any missing ocx/dll files at OCX Dump

**NOTE #2**
I have removed certain image host's from this program due to them not being around anymore or they are now requiring you to register an account with them. There is only 1 image host to use as of right now, but i do not believe this program is used much anymore, but if it picks back up and is being used, i will add more image host's.

1/9/13
- Decided to do a small update.
-- Fixed a few small bugs, optimised some code.
-- Added a movie finder option, just input a keyword and it will list any movies found. Double click the movie to grab the information

Last edited:
166 comments
Can i use this with Wordpress?

I need an autoposter for movie sites.

Thanks!

this is not an autoposter.

you use this program to get information about any given movie and copy/paste the information to your website.

this will not automatically post the information to your website

Yeah, the app is not working anymore. Hasn't been working for a few days already. It auto shuts down for no reason.... doesn't even give an error, just closes.

also, none of the download links on the first post work anymore.....

please fix the app. really need it to work.

i opened the program in VB and figured out the problem.

my website has been down for a few days due to host issues. and the program was connecting to my website on startup to check for updates/count how many people are currently using Pik'A'Flik.
with the website being down, the program would close because it couldnt complete the connecting due to me not putting in an error handler to control this from happening.

i have removed the bit of code that requires the program to connect to my website on startup. except to check for updates.

with my website being down, the update manager will not work properly, but thats not a big deal, i will worry with that later..

here are the links to the fixed program, sorry for the trouble.

Code:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/qZmsnUs/PAF.zip

Code:
http://bayfiles.com/file/2IdV/r2w4If/PAF.zip

Every now and again, the program will stop working, that is due to the website i use goes down a few times a day for a few minutes at a time to update their listings so the website can be up to date with all the movies.

Therefor the program will not work at certain times of the day, if it doesnt work, just wait a few minutes and try again.

i looked into the problem, and i sent you a message back, but for any other people that still use this program, here's what going on....

The website that i use to grab my information from is being crashed by so many request's being sent. The owner of the site is doing his best to get it fixed and has been financing the website on his own since it opened, but now with so much demand for the website, its getting overloaded and he is unable to afford it all.

He is accepting donations to help take care of some of the cost's of purchasing new servers and things like that, and he's almost got enough to take care of it. So it is being worked on, so dont worry.

If you'd like to help out in any way of donating money to help with server cost's, please let me know and i will give you a link to donate to the owner of the website, or you can simply use the 'Donate' button on my program and it will donate the money to me and from there i will turn right around and donate the money to the owner of the website to help out with cost's.

If you do donate money to me for me to give to him, I will do so and I will give you proof that i sent the money to him so you dont think im stealing from you.

**EDIT**

If you donate money to me to help out with costs, i will match whatever you donate to help keep the program alive. If you donate a large sum I will match 50%... I do not have that great of a job and cannot afford to match 100% of large sums lol. but i will do my best to match whatever you help out with.

And i will show proof that im matching and donating the money to him.

Thanks.

The website has been fixed, but when he changed all this stuff, the program started grabbing information that shouldnt have been parsed due to him changing some code around.

I have fixed this problem along with removing the donate button and the automatic updates because im not going to be paying for my domain/hosting any longer.

download link has been updated on post #1

http://katzddl.ws/imdb/public/

This works great. No files to download or errors.

although that does work, and it a great link, you arent able to customize it like you can this program.

but with that being said, here is your virustotal proof.
nobody has ever had a problem with this program having viruses unless they downloaded from another website.

if this file was downloaded on any other website besides this one, i am not responsible for any viruses.

50132pdcHM1lYdi0KRH5Uq.jpg

Code:
https://www.virustotal.com/file/28a557868e889726e427a8e518bf41d54d83e60e66ed636d36a6bdffc547e3aa/analysis/1341868984/

Code:
SHA256:	28a557868e889726e427a8e518bf41d54d83e60e66ed636d36a6bdffc547e3aa
SHA1:	f60e725c68f711f8ebc55ed8387d440e66d71631
MD5:	f1c778f6d6ee19db6b2674832f73d7ef
File size:	184.0 KB ( 188416 bytes )
File name:	Pik'A'Flik.exe
File type:	Win32 EXE
Detection ratio:	0 / 42
Analysis date:	 2012-07-09 21:23:04 UTC ( 1 minute ago )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back