(Pictures) Beijing's '08 Olympic venues in shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Banned
Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/olym...deshow/bird-s-nest-2008-photo-1340387759.html

zbirdsnest-jpg_175556.jpg

RTR30IOL-jpg_042509.jpg

Remember how awesome a lot of the buildings they used in the 08' Olympics looked? Now you can't even recognize some of them. In just 4 years they're already falling apart. Or have fallen apart and are now just neatly piled in uncut grass.

volleyball-jpg_194418.jpg

12 comments
Any building can look crap on a dark dull foggy day after a long hot spell that turned the grass brown. This is just drama journalism in a desperate attempt to grab clicks.

Below is the exact same image as you have above except lighter and a blue filter. It took just 30 seconds and gives a completely different view.

5nqxX.jpg

Any building can look crap on a dark dull foggy day after a long hot spell that turned the grass brown. This is just drama journalism in a desperate attempt to grab clicks.

Below is the exact same image as you have above except lighter and a blue filter. It took just 30 seconds and gives a completely different view.

I take it you didn't look at all the images or else you would see its more then just one building.

Some of the buildings already had to be taken apart because they were 'not holding up to the weather' as I read on a separate news site that is located IN China just a few weeks ago. So, although Yahoo does have a problem with 'drama journalism' this isn't one of the cases. These buildings are actually rusting, and being taken apart already.

I take it you didn't look at all the images or else you would see its more then just one building.

Some of the buildings already had to be taken apart because they were 'not holding up to the weather' as I read on a separate news site that is located IN China just a few weeks ago. So, although Yahoo does have a problem with 'drama journalism' this isn't one of the cases. These buildings are actually rusting, and being taken apart already.

I was just in Beijing for a tour not too long ago. The birds nest is still looking great. The other olympic structures are taken down because they are a waste of space and money. Even the Shanghai Expo 2 years ago all the pavillions are gone because the cost for the land is in the billions of $'s since it was in Shanghai core. Apartments costs go for 80,000RMB (~12,000USD) per m^2 cheapest with like minimum 30 floors lol.

^^ don't you know the pyramids were built by dicks? anyway seems like in your country people Is building stuff , at-least in my country people are building stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back