Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocke

Anyone here bought Photobucket or any premium image hosting account, is it worth the money ?

Tell me your opinions regarding the advantages and disadvantages of a having Premium Image Hosting accounts.

10 comments
Why do u waste your time on them ?? There are hell loads of alternative image hosts around which are having those so called premium features (not all of them may be but atleast some). Use the free ones as you will have loads of alternatives ;)

I think out of the free image hosts that having an account with imgur.com is teh best for free. Photobucket i have a free account with,which is ok,other then the bw restrictions as a free user,i have looked into "going pro" and imo the small cost ($25 for a year) far outweigh teh negatives,gving you unlimited bw,can host .swf,ftp uploading and a few other cool features. Now as most here are into Warez,dont be suprised if they still delete images though after going Pro,as what you do is a copyright violation,and they have to follow DMCA notices like anyone else. They (Photobucket) are great though for designers and the like though,as you can edit your profile,and image gallery,makes for a great portfolio,much better then the other smaller and free imagehosts like imgur,lulzimg etc

Free accounts now also have unlimited storage. At least that's what I saw yesterday when I logged in.

Today I can't recreate this notice.

ya u get unlimited storage as a free user,but the bandwidth is restricted to 10gig per mo. .. where as a Pro user that is also unlimited

Thanks for sharing your opinion iMage, generally we share the same thoughts about photobucket... I just not too sure about spending for premium before I have feedbacks from premium users themselves.

Sorry Gonzo, but the storage is limited to 1024 MB while you can get unlimited on Photobucket also as free user.

Photobucket is pretty good, I'm not sure it is better than Picasa but you don't have to pay the full price to get it. You can do it by using one of their trialpay partner links, I bought a domain name for $5 and got it for free. Works out much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back