Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango

Staff member
OVH have changed there policy on warez linking.

One complaint and the whole server is taken offline until you remove the site via recovery mode, this is a server I rent for someone as im in the UK.

Translated from a email in French :P
Madam, Sir, By the present one, we inform you that you have enfreint one or several clauses of the contracts binding you to OVH, namely: - general terms of Service - particular Conditions d' Lodging and Hiring dedicated Waiters In accordance with the caused conditions, we were constrained of to suspend your ks28327.kimsufi.com waiter for the following reason: copyright infringements: xXXXXtremew.org

15 comments
They used to, i asked them before renting a server myself.

now dont allow proxys or warez linking, a bit fucked up seeming they allow seedboxes

They dont allow. Also I know to the best of my knowledge they never allowed in the past.

When people steal and use, that does not mean OVH allows it.

well, I used them in the past and I used RapidLeech, TorrentFlux and warez-linking websites/forums on that server but never got even a single email from them, :)
No DMCA, No copyright, nothing !

However, that was ovh.de [OVH Germany]

May be they too changed their policies, who knows.

They say people have been using proxys on there network to use illegal cc so they dont allow them.
yea i got the same reason for my proxy site :(

on a side not they really never did allow warez linking just didnt enforce it hard like they must be now

Just an update..
They wont restore the server at all if a complaint is made.

They give you a read only FTP account to move all your data then terminate the server.

I just ordered a new Ded in Germany :)

do they allow leech servers? as in rapidleech on shared hosting?
do they allowed warez linking in some of the servers like france, netherland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back