Status
Not open for further replies.

chowna007

Hey everyone,

Can you guys please give me suggestions on which offshore web host (outside Canada & USA) are good for Dedicated Servers? Though the web host is outside USA & Canada, the traffic will be from USA & Canada (mostly USA) .

I need to get hosting outside USA & canada due to potential trademark related legal issues. The website does not contact any warez, adult, hate, crime or any other illegal stuff. Basically my concern is if a lawyer from a USA or Canadian firm sends a letter to the web host to reveal my contact info, I don't want that web host to reveal my information. If they get a court order from the country of server's jurisdiction, then I guess they'll have to abide by that and I'm fine with that. The reason I'm saying this is because one of the biggest US web hosting company revealed my information to the lawyer because of trademark issues. So for example if trademakr is XYZ and they have a site called XYZ.com ..i had a site XYZcoupons.com . I know their lawyers can simply file with ICANN to take the domain etc and I'm fine with that but I just don't want the web host to reveal my info unless it's a court order from the server's country jurisdiction.

So keeping that in mind and also the speed to USA & Canadian users, please give me some reliable, reputed fast web hosts for dedicated servers. $$ is not much of an issue.

So far I have come across superboost (instantdedicated.com) , koddos.com but their connectivity to USA doesnt seem to be that great as the sites don't load as fast.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Last edited:
16 comments
Below is my current server specs and anything similar to that will do. If not, I'm open to options. The connectivity can go upto 1 GBPS if that'll make the server faster for USA and Canadian users as that's my target market.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6-1055T HEXA Core

RAM: 8GB DDR2 SDRAM

HD1: 2 x SATA RAID 1 (7,200 rpm)
(+500 GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive)

HD2: SATA Backup Drive
(+500 GB SATA (7,200 rpm))

(+CentOs 6 - 64Bit)

ControlPanel: cPanel/ Web Host Manager - Fully Managed
(+Server Secure)

Bandwidth: 6000GB Monthly Transfer (3000 in + 3000 out)
(+100M uplink port)

Just make sure you go with a company that is reputable and has been there for a while. You don't want your host to freak out on the first abuse notice that is sent to you.

Last edited:
Anyone been with, heard or tried any of the following?

panamaserver.com
offshoreracks.com
racklodge.com

Since they are in Panama, they have better connectivity for USA & Canada than Netherlands

Also, if I were to go with EU host, which one would you guys choose between ecatel.net and instantdedicated.com (superboost) .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back