Status
Not open for further replies.
i really forgot about this site :P

65d386.png

Yeah its quite a good site to get all your high quality x264 rips. They have both micro sized rips 2-3gb medium sized encodes as well as fully high definition Blu-ray rips. But what they don't have is those ultra small 600-700mb m720p encodes which are found in WBB.

Their dedicated team does a good job at encoding but it would be even better if they didn't watermark their shit. Its still better than hard coded watermarks though which some members in WBB do and absolutely pisses me off :D

I am a very old member there and glad that I have an account there.

Last edited:
@Prazsky -- There's only one encoder who puts in a brief watermark for a second or two in some of his releases, maybe a couple dozen tops out of the nearly 2k micro encodes.

Those ultra small "720p" rips at 500MB/etc on WBB are misleading, you can't run res that high on bitrates that low, it looks like filth. They'd be better off dropping the res if they want to keep that bitrate, but then they couldn't claim it's "720p".

Micro high definition for 720p is 2000-3000kbps video. Anything substantially less is inadequate. We have quality standards that prohibit those.

Last edited:
@XRKO, yes I understand what you are saying and you guys do have very high standards when it comes to encodes. I think 2-3 gb rips for 720p movies provide a perfect balance between res and bitrate. I don't have the speed to download untouched blurays and thats why I love those micro encodes you guys do which look great on a 50" LCD.

I still think you guys could perhaps make a separate section for those 500-700mb 720p rips as they are good enough for watching on laptops in spare time. Its upto you though. x264-bb is great as it is.

About the watermarks, well its no big deal for me since they aren't hardcoded and I usually turn off the subtitles before watching a movie which effectively removes the watermark. Some encoders in WBB tend to hard code their watermarks into the movie which annoys the hell outta me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back