Other Notice of Subpoena from cloudF ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguienu

Hello Friends !

Today I receive an email via subject: Notice of Subpoena from Cloudflare

=========
We received the attached subpoena and court order regarding [yoursite.com], domains managed through your CloudFlare account.The subpoena requires us to provide information in our systems related to this website. We have determined that this is a valid subpoena, and we are required to provide the requested information. In accordance with our Privacy Policy, we are informing you before we provide any of the requested subscriber information.
We plan to turn over documents in response to the subpoena on 2014/11/18, unless you intervene in the case.

Regards,
CloudFlare Legal Department
==
The previous time I upgrade cloudF using my credit card. so They can take my visa information for providing to court ?? I don't know what I must do now ? everybody can give me any advice ?? :(

11 comments
I would suggest canceling the credit card you used to buy it. and uh relocating elsewhere for a few months. Also I would suggest transferring the domain to a different cloud service, one based in Europe, rather than the US. Avoid NL. Also a lot of services let you ask pre-sales questions before you buy their services, ask about dmca, they'll tell you whether they can support you or not. Aside from that take precautions regardless of where you are (take note of thepiratebay founders).

I would suggest canceling the credit card you used to buy it. and uh relocating elsewhere for a few months. Also I would suggest transferring the domain to a different cloud service, one based in Europe, rather than the US. Avoid NL. Also a lot of services let you ask pre-sales questions before you buy their services, ask about dmca, they'll tell you whether they can support you or not. Aside from that take precautions regardless of where you are (take note of thepiratebay founders).

Thanks for your advice so much !

- I used my credit card for upgrading cloudflare to Premium ago 6 months. I don't know they save my information ?? because they can give information on credit card for court ?? or they give my hosting provider information ??
- My offsore hosting provider support "decline DMCA". so It can safety for me ?? :(

Last edited:
Hello friend !

today I receive reply of cloudflare. please give me any advice :(

==
Thank you for your timely email. We respond here purely as a courtesy.
CloudFlare received a subpoena requesting the customer information related to your domains.
Please be aware your response does not constitute a Motion to Quash or a Motion to Intervene, and as such, it has no legal effect. CloudFlare has received a valid court order and subpoena, and unless you intervene in the case, CloudFlare will be required by force of law to disclose the requested information on November 18, 2014.
Regards,
==

Basically what they are saying is they are required to hand over any information that they have on you when you signed up for their services including your ip. Nothing YOU tell then will stop them from doing so. The only way is to get an attorney. What kind of information is the subpoena asking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back