No long-term lung damage from occasional marijuana use

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is so misleading.
All the idiots that read this were prolly like; "duuuuuuuuuuuudes.. DUUUUUUDESSSS! MARY JANE DOESNT HURT YOUR LUNGS. MJ ALL THE WAYYYYYYYY"

Look closely at the title: No long-term lung damage from occasional marijuana use.

How much you wanna bet its the same story with cigarettes? (depending on what you consider 'occasional smoking')
Of course it's going to do some harm to your body.. your breathing in smoke but mostly anything harms you body. If you wanna get technically walking kills brain cells so how about that.

In my country you can't go to jail for possesion or trafiking of marijuana unless you have more than 28 grams (1 ounce). I have been pulled over with weed on my and all the cops did was throw it away, no fine, no warning, no jail time.

Last summer I was in a car with 3 other people they had 150 extacy tabs, 14 grams of weed and 3500$ in cash. I've been going to court for over a year now and every time I go they remand me. I had a call from my lawyer the other day telling me that my chargers are going to be dropped on my next court date so you can shove that 1-7 years up your ass. I was charged with trafficking and possession of an illegal substance. Not because of the weed, because of the tabs.

It should be noted that there are more ways to introduce marijuana to your body then smoking it. I some studies on the effects of it found that smoking it provided the lowest delivery of the THC and cannabinoids.

Smoking anything will certainly cause respiratory issues for most people over time. Breathing in any pollutant including the air in most metropolitan areas is bad for your lungs and sinus cavities.

Last edited:
Not enough desirable women in the government to consider a carnal act

And Thanks but I will pass on the meth, but I will have another special brownie!

Cannabis should be legal, it's simple as that.

There are 0 deaths from overdose.
It heals the body ( and mind [if you're not a pshycho] ) from illnesses.

I'm a true occasional user with only 1joint per week.
If I skip it, I don't feel the need to have it, I can wait. So I'm pretty sure I'm not addicted.
A few months ago I got sick ( got the flu ) and I only took cannabis to heal (more than 1joint/day, but for a very limited time ofc), which happened soon; you eat, you don't have headaches and you're in a GREAT state of mind.

Cannabis DOESN'T change you. If you're stoned, you're still thesame person. You think exactly thesame way, just a lot slower :p
Alcohol changes you, you aren't rational and just do whatever the fuck pops in your mind.

Edit:
Added * Cannabis Supporter to my sig :)
Just to provoke those that don't.

Edit²:
Also don't smoke cigs, never did.

Last edited:
Never smoked cigs
Smoke weed/hash
Take chemicals
Never started a fight or committed a crime while under the influence of drugs (except from taking them haha)

The government portray all drugs as bad drugs because there 'illegal'. You'll hear a story about a person dying from say an e, that 1 person out of possibly thousands that have taken e's from the same batch live. The media & government don't actually know what any of these drugs are like I bet you, and even if they did they'd still keep them all illegal just to make a buck.

The reason alcohol & cigs are legal is because the government has been taxing them since day 1, now weed and other illegal substances came onto the scene and the police and government had no idea what they were or how to control them so they made them illegal - now if the government saw the benefits from weed especially, think of the millions they could've made if they taxed weed from day 1.

There all just a bunch of wankers!

jSx where do you live?
I live in Canada.

@Dean2k, For most of human history, marijuana has been completely legal. It’s not a recently discovered plant, nor is it a long-standing law. Marijuana has been illegal for less than 1% of the time that it’s been in use. America’s first marijuana law was enacted at Jamestown Colony, Virginia in 1619. It was a law “ordering” all farmers to grow Indian hempseed. There were several other “must grow” laws over the next 200 years (you could be jailed for not growing hemp during times of shortage in Virginia between 1763 and 1767). Marijuana didn't become illegal at the federal level until August 2, 1937

Source: my history textbook.

Yea, The queen use to smoke it as well haha - I was talking more modern times when I wrote that shizzle. Like the 20th century was when shit went bad!

washington_weeds.jpg

George Washington (US founding father) used to smoke, and even write about this magical "herb".

BTW Marijuana is the Spanish/Mexican name for what is officially called cannabis.

Last edited:
no drugs should really be illegal considering the fact that the government probably introduced most of them to us.. uh and if it is bad to do drugs why send a bunch of drug addicts to prison so they can become worse criminals. not to mention the fact that the US has been waging a war on drugs for some time now, the results = Drugs are cheaper than ever, drugs are more potent than ever(or at least the same), and the drug supply has increased. So wait theres better shit, for cheaper, and everybodys got a hookup. yep that sounds about right.

If the government was to legalize marijuana they would be able to tax it and make a shit load of money. It would even empty a lot of prisons. Governments are complaining that prisons are more crowded then ever and the legalization would reduce that. They can even regulate it how they want. They can adjust the potency or whatever they want.

History of Weed

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfiaC-2K1LM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4NYBIIwYjU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWuHuqWauRU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI0Jcoy8Ink[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r65sGnwf5bk[/ame]
Yes, they are using a huge catapult to send the herb over the US border :facepalm:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoQyppcLmA[/ame]

Last edited:
I agree about the government, making a lot of money on it via tax etc. I can only speak for the UK, because I am not sure what the laws are abroad, but in the UK, they did classify it as a class C at first, then it got knocked up to a class B. For people who don't know the class system in the UK (Don't know if it's any different in any other countries), the classes are like this.

Class C - GHB, temazepam, valium, temgesic etc - maximum sentence for supply is life in prison

Class B - amphetamine, cannabis, dihydrocodeine - maximum sentence for supply is up to 14 years in prison

Class A - ecstasy, LSD, heroin, morphine, cocaine, methadone - maximum sentence for supply is up to 14 years in prison

Not too sure about maximum sentences for possession.

Again, I am not sure if these are the same for other countries, or not.

Nah, it's not like that in Canada. It's actually fairly hard to go to prison for drug possession unless you are caught with paraphernalia (bags, pipes, etc), massive amount of it or attempting to traffic. You can be considered to be trafficking if you have the substance itself on you (bagged or not) bags, and cash.

Like, I know people who have been busted with pounds of weed and they only got fined. I guess it all depends on the ethical view of the judge but yea..

When I used to smoke weed, I was caught, and they gave me a slap on the wrist for it. They said to me if it was divided up, in ANY quantities that it would be classified as dealing. The upper sentences of them are for the trafficers etc, not for the lowly takers, dealers. They want the big guys, not the small guys dealing for a fix of their own.

It is how you say though, all depends what judge you get, some would give you prison for something small, some would give you a fine for something big.

Yea exactly. When I was 16 I was pulled over for speeding and I recently finished rolling one up and I left a bag with a bit of THC crystal on it on the floor and when the cop came to my window he saw the bag and asked me if I had anything else and I knew they would search my car so I just told them where it was and they just dumped it in a puddle lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back