No CS7 - Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator no longer updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Happy

The current version of Adobe Creative suite which includes products like inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc is CS6 which most are familiar with. Today Adobe was expected to announce CS7 but instead they announced they won't release a CS7 and instead they are switching to a cloud subscription version only where smaller updates arrive more frequently instead of a yearly update like what you get with mobile apps which they started a couple of months back.

This is going to work out way more expensive if like me you don't update every year. It will also make it harder to have a warez version as it's all cloud based. Generally I'm all for the cloud and can see this will make sense but when you only use something once a week, a subscription works out very expensive.

10 comments
Damn that's the saddest news one could ever hear. How on earth can they do this. Unfair, completely unfair.

Cloud is not completely accessible to everyone, specially people who have very less access to internet or have poor internet connection.
This is the worst decision one can take to bring down a successful company to dust.

Damn that's the saddest news one could ever hear. How on earth can they do this. Unfair, completely unfair.

Cloud is not completely accessible to everyone, specially people who have very less access to internet or have poor internet connection.
This is the worst decision one can take to bring down a successful company to dust.
The poor isn't who they're aiming for, they're aiming for those big shot mags editors, those photographers from getty images and the web designers that use iMacs and have too much money too spend.

Stupid that Adobe is doing this, but they will make a shit load more of money that's for sure

The current version of Adobe Creative suite which includes products like inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc is CS6 which most are familiar with. Today Adobe was expected to announce CS7 but instead they announced they won't release a CS7 and instead they are switching to a cloud subscription version only where smaller updates arrive more frequently instead of a yearly update like what you get with mobile apps which they started a couple of months back.

This is going to work out way more expensive if like me you don't update every year. It will also make it harder to have a warez version as it's all cloud based. Generally I'm all for the cloud and can see this will make sense but when you only use something once a week, a subscription works out very expensive.

Everything can be warez'd :139:

Clever move by Adobe. They're going to lose customers but will end up raking in more money from corporates and users who are dependant on their suite. Plus, more frequent updates will make it harder for pirates to keep an up-to-date copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back