Status
Not open for further replies.
on a simpler note, I would like to see the bbcode limit relaxed for signatures so we can be a bit more creative. If the issue is abuse maybe just relax it for respected or non probationary. Im referring to the use of color mainly.

Last edited:
I suggest a theme that :
1. Fluid, Responsive (as in wordpress), means it could adapt to visitors screenresolution whether it is PC or Mobile.
2. Eye catching, a good contrast and colour mixture matching with the logo, i suggest a brand new logo that represent the W and J fonts.
3. Change the fonts, fonts are really hold a meaningful role in design.

If WJ is deciding to buy a themes, i would suggest buying from PureVB.com :).
I love those site's Vbulletin themes, and sets it to one of my future forum ;).

kind regards

xeniux <3

I would say WJ should not get an entirely new skin but upgrade the current skin.
An attractive bg will help a lot (it might be a little heavy).

I <3 WJ the way it is.. but since you're asking, so I will say.

I'd suggest you introduce Private Chat function in that chat box, it will help us a lot !

I don't know if that is already said, because I haven't read all those replies in 5 pages of this thread. I'm quite sure you will come out with something great only, though WJ is still purrfect.. :D

How about WJunction has a new make over from VBulletin to another board, this will bring in more exitement for all members using the new interface, working around with things, also getting more experience on other forum boards, thus this will also help others to get familiar with other boards, as they are already familiar with vbulletin.

- Make two skins, meaning (light & dark) this is because some people can be color blind or may be the skin is either too dark or too light on their computer thus they can choose.

- Get a mobile version ASAP. Loads of people use smart phones and this is a key thing needed.

- Change the Logo like google does, if there is a holiday why not have a graphic designer here make a new logo for us for a particular day, i am soo sure there are loads of designers here who will do that for free for the love of WJ.

That are the few things i can think of right now if there is anything will let you guys know..

Cheerz

Yours SpongeBob

Never, ever, ever change the header for holidays, please.
Why not? Do you like it when you look at a photo of Mr.Bean in the same pause for a long time? You will get bored with it, when we have different designs of the logo, it will be interesting.. Holidays is just one suggestion, but it can also be monthly, or either on summer time, or winter time and so on...

I guess you too dont like to have the same wall paper on your phone for a whole year right?

Some great suggestions, keep them coming.

We could do something similar to what Mr Happy suggested;
http://i.imgur.com/T1byg.png

Along with;
- A drop down login
- Tabbed latest posts (AJAX) (I'm sure most of you would want this)
- Statistics globally
- PM Notifications (AJAX) (It would display something similar to Facebook when you receive a like)
- Search box with filter option (search specific forums rather than the whole forum) (This would be on the index)

Certainly like what Mr.H suggested but could it also be centered so it looks a lot nicer, currently it's all to the left and just looks horrible to me :(

The notifications area by your username (top right) needs better alignment too imho and for Gods sake don't have anything "similar" to Facebook! That site is rammed down peoples throats these days and I (for one) am sick of it! Sure be creative and different but not like Facebook please please please!

Also +1,000,000 for a fluid skin, and relaxed rules for signatures (larger). Having a fluid skin would mean you could add more stuff to the navbar like a link to the forum rules (which could be a custom page rather than a sticky topic).

JGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back