Status
Not open for further replies.
+Rapidshare

In my opinion LiveDrive is unrivaled to those ones. 5TB space for 30$/month
You may access your files via WWW,FTP, smartphone etc. - all possible ways.
No downloading/uploading limits. You may also set video files as public and show them to friends as streams.

Karamustafa since u might have premium with livedrive, do they have some kind of hotlinking / direct premium download to transfer files from livedrive to filehosts ??

also i remember Livedrive does not have fetch-remote option at all to upload files from filehost to livedrive ?

as for RS too late for this kind of market.....there are many players out there for cloud storage

you can use FTP to upload files from livedrive to other sites,

just use ftp://username:password@ftp.livedrive.com/........

Well RapidDrive is not working - login incorrect, also it is asking me to upload to the latest version which is now downloading. Will post the results. Is there anyway to get the links through RSM or RapidDrive? Please help me with it.

Edit: Unfortunately they have updated the RapidDrive too - i only see explorer no option to copy the files.

Thanks

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to get the links from my RS account.
Thanks

Click the small share button (
icon_share_11x11_hover.png
) in RS file manager in your web browser. You have to hover the file to see it.

is there any way to export the old links of your files ????I can't find any method to do so... :(

Last edited:
I wrote a nice letter to all of the executive/managerial people who work at RapidShare that I could dig up from LinkedIn when they decided to shift their core business to become a personal file backup service.

See, in 2010 I was one of about five people were in on the ground floor of a file backup company that stored about 10 Terabytes worth of data belonging to local wealthy people in a datacenter on the other side of the country. Fast forward to 2012 when I left the company (long boring story) we had over 100 employees and I had helped to build a 10 Petabyte ZFS storage cloud where we stored over 1 million virtual machines that could instantly be booted from our datacenter, and they were all created from backups of our customer's systems. I was also the person that launched the marketing intelligence department where I covertly got competitor's pricing information and did price analysis, so I know how much a GB costs in a datacenter:)

I explained all this in the email I sent to them, and then explained to them that their pricing model was insanely horrible when compared to existing companies that are already out there and do not have a past as being one of the largest facilitators of piracy.

Also mentioned was a list of other companies which eventually had to re-gear their pricing structure from their initial "unlimited storage" over to a "$ per GB" storage pricing model.

This list explained how each of these companies gave their customers plenty of fore-warning about the upcoming changes so that they could adapt - complete opposite of RapidShare's decision to give their customers just 10 days or whatever it was to immediately prepare for their data to be deleted.

I then congratulating them on making the worst business decision I've ever seen made in the backup & disaster recovery industry.

Unfortunately I never did get a response back from anyone at RapidShare, most likely because they knew there wouldn't be a way for them to properly handle such response. But I did get one thing that made me smile, a linkedin update that showed me a number of RapidShare employees had visited my profile :)

Long and the short of it - RapidShare is a perfect model of how to make a very profitable service based company go to complete shit in just a matter of a few days....

<<so I know how much a GB costs in a datacenter>>

how much
It varies on the scale of the operations, the speed of the internet connection to it, the types of servers you have (ie 4x1TB disks in a 2u rackmount or 36x4TB disks in a 4u rackmount), operational costs, security costs, and the certifications that it has (such as the now retired SAS Type ratings)...

But generally speaking back in late 2012 to spring 2013, when RapidShare made this shitty decision, and just after the thailand flooding had impacted the global supply on hard drives; I would tell you that 50 cents per GB of storage space was too much to pay. And this price point is for what I would say to a consumer and not a business.

Today I honestly am not as much on top of pricing as I was 9 months to a year ago, but I'd guestimate 45 cents per GB for consumers would be a good price point ceiling. SMB market (Small Medium Business) I'd have to say 35-40 cents per GB is a good price ceiling.

so there is no way to move all my files to other host? :v

It's still possible, but since they disabled the direct download, it's just annoying to that. Don't know if premium user has direct download option, but if it has, use user:pass@link to remote upload to other filehost. Here are RU option without RS direct download option:

1. Cheap and horrible
Get the direct link, file by file, and use it to RU to other filehost

-or-

2. Expensive but easier
Buy real-debrid premium account and enough real-debrid remote upload traffic. Convert your links and remote upload them

so there is no way to move all my files to other host? :v

It's still possible, but since they disabled the direct download, it's just annoying to that. Don't know if premium user has direct download option, but if it has, use user:pass@link to remote upload to other filehost. Here are RU option without RS direct download option:

1. Cheap and horrible
Get the direct link, file by file, and use it to RU to other filehost

-or-

2. Expensive but easier
Buy real-debrid premium account and enough real-debrid remote upload traffic. Convert your links and remote upload them

there is no option for exporting links list... :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back