New PayPal Rules for India

Status
Not open for further replies.
so does this mean I have to empty my paypal within 30 days and I can't pay for my server charges with PP anymore..?

Why dont you guys get it clear that paypal is simly ruining our time and business. Oh cummon dumb heads start using moneybookers and keep your money and withdraw as much time as you want.

I didn't get it either. That's prolly because we haven't withdrawn money to our bank accounts since the changes formulated in Feb-march.

This truly sucks. The Indian government is the best example of an epic phail. They don't even know half the legal income sources of Internet like freelancing, etc. and they are putting limitations like this. Most of the people have truly pointed out above that they noticed the high transfer of money from online sources and just thought of an opportunity to make it "taxable".
This move is not good for anyone besides them, it is a big let down for the users. They don't want to see their own people develop.. <_<

i just have a fear lets say we move to epass MB or whatever and they support local bank transfers(assuming)there is a chance tht Indian govt might interfere with epass MB etc.
correct me if i am wrong..

@ ripper searching the same...

EDIT: A Quote from Black hat world
Ok Guys, I mail PP about the issue and got this reply.
Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I apologize for the inconvenience. While we are verifying the legitimacy
of the e-mail you received, I advise that you forward us a copy of the
e-mail to spoof@paypal.com. Rest assured, you will be notified by us if
the e-mail you received is from PayPal or not.

We know situations like this can be difficult, so thanks for working
with us. If you have more questions, visit our Help Center by clicking
"Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,
Charmen Dey
PayPal, an eBay Company
And then this:
Hello xxxxxxx,

Thanks for forwarding that suspicious-looking email. You're right - it
was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud. By
reporting the problem, you've made a difference!

Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other
personal information through phishing emails and fake websites. To learn
more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage.

Every email counts. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to
spoof@paypal.com, you help keep yourself and others safe from identity
theft.

Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate your
extra effort.

Thanks,

PayPal
Code:
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/1693365-post14.html
Maybe thts why all didnt received the mail

Here is screen for all who wanna see the mail

untitled.png

i have received the mail.
i have premier account.
i dont do any export/business nor provide any services.

Now even i think that the mail is spam/phishing.

still.let c

Lol mail is genuine no doubt. Phishing mail have link from where they can phish?

I think they wil have more details on blog soon.

@ Shubhank, can you show me the full headers of the email? I can find out if it is genuine or not. :)

@eso: Is moneybookers any good? I have heard that they charge exorbitant rates. :|

I have a solution for those who have to pay server fees, etc. Please note that I am just voicing my opinion and nobody is being forced to do what I say. Try it at your own risk. ;)
Get yourself US Paypal accounts and accept hosting payments in it. You can easily get a US VBA to verify it. :D Some of my friends have these and they say that they don't get limited or anything as long as you keep the VBA details in hand and are able to provide when asked.

Hmm i cant understand what the use of making such a big issue i dont feel anything wrong if you withdraw funds withing 30 Days What are going to do will all the Funds in PP wait for some one to hack your account ? anyways paypal hasnt said that u cant keep the money only thing they said is you have to withdraw it . i dont get a point the Indian Government has not done any thing good for the past 62 years wht do you think will they do anything good now

Lolz just close the topic no use of discussing it its not pp forums that paypal will look in to this matter . if you hate pp then shut your account and us MB no one has told you only need MB to do your transfers or if you want to keep the fund with you online only then when u get transactions in pp just get some guy to trade it for you for MB funds simple :)

PS i feel this email is not from PP as if you check the old PP emails the footer will be in this form

Copyright © 1999-2010 or 2009 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory- PayPal Pte. Ltd., the holder of PayPal’s stored value
facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

I didn't get it. And if someone can forward it to me or show me the full header then I can find out if it is genuine or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back