Negative Keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillia Woods

Banned
Banned
I want to learn more about PPC marketing but I'm not sure where to start. I am aware that PPC stands for pay-per-click, an internet marketing strategy in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. What is a negative keyword in relation to PPC and what are the benefits of effectively using negative keywords?

5 comments
Thanks for the reply. I was actually anticipating some information here. Anyway, the issue on negative keywords was discussed to us by our provider. Should there be anyone who would want to need the information, PPC Campaign Management can will be able to give the bird's eye view of this topic.

I want to learn more about PPC marketing but I'm not sure where to start. I am aware that PPC stands for pay-per-click, an internet marketing strategy in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. What is a negative keyword in relation to PPC and what are the benefits of effectively using negative keywords?
Hi Lillia Woods,

first of all please sorry if our answer is wrong, your details are very general and it's easy to confuse.

Anyway, negative keywords are one of the most used "tools" in Google Adwords when you decide to spent many money with Google's PPC. To understand why negative keywords are very important try to follow this example:

Let's assume that you sell dedicated servers and you have a server in any part of the world. It's easy to make a campaign here because your PPC keywords will be "dedicated server".

So if someone search for "dedicated server", "dedicated servers in india", "dedicated server in sweden"... you'll appear with sponsored PPC ads.

But what's happen if you don't have servers in Germany?

You can Just blacklist the "Germany" keyword by using the "negative keyword" tool and the advertising company will automatically understand that you don't have dedicated servers in Germany.

This example is for Google Adwords but in fact this are "negative keywords" and the same example is valid for other advertising agencies.

Regards,
p.team

Use your ad to stop responding whenever there is a query not related to your business-related keywords. Adding negative keywords can help you increase your CTR and reduce your advertising costs.

Negative-keywords
Each keyword type can prevent your ad from being triggered by a certain word or phrase. It causes Google not to show any of your ads to people searching for that term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back