Need PHP 7 Hosting Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverussell

I own few websites that are currently using PHP 5.6. I want to move my websites to PHP 7. I have read on many websites that PHP 7 is quite faster than the previous versions. Also saw some benchmarks and was quite impressive. I want to improve the loading speed of my website and I think PHP 7 is the answer. But I want a hosting that supports PHP 7 and will help me in migrating my websites to it. Do you know of any such hosting? Any recommendation would be helpful.

4 comments
Re:

I own few websites that are currently using PHP 5.6. I want to move my websites to PHP 7. I have read on many websites that PHP 7 is quite faster than the previous versions. Also saw some benchmarks and was quite impressive. I want to improve the loading speed of my website and I think PHP 7 is the answer. But I want a hosting that supports PHP 7 and will help me in migrating my websites to it. Do you know of any such hosting? Any recommendation would be helpful.

There are few things to keep in mind before moving to PHP 7 like your code is not using any deprecated function on your code in that case you will get a lot of errors. Yes PHP 7 is 2x time faster than previous versions. You can look towards Cloudways they provide managed cloud hosting, they have recently upgraded their console for PHP 7 and have also tested PHP 7 with different PHP framework you can check the benchmark of that test on their blog.

When you say migrate do you mean transfering your files and settings it up? Or do you also mean to make it fully compatible with PHP 7?

As far I'm aware in a lot of cases when transfering from 5.6 to 7, it could go good, but there are also changes and when you are using older pieces of code, it can throw errors since it's not compatible with the newer syntax of php 7, to fix this you need someone to solve the problems, his can be either you or someone hired to do the work for you. Web hosts in general will not do this task (or well, not at least without an agreement of some sort).

If you want to transfer from one web host to another, you probably can find some who are willing to help you. Just find one or a few good hosts that you like, and send a message (it can even be the same message to all).

If I were you I would try the code on an PHP 7 Enviroment (with XAMPP, IIS or something familiar).

Dear oliverussell,

I suggest you to get a vps or vds, this way you have full control over your server (freedom to install php7) .
As xentosnl rightly said, test all you scripts on php7 before migrating live websites

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back