Need advice for file sharing website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermitor

Hello,

I'm going to create a file sharing website.
If you have already create a file sharing website, I have some questions:
-How many persons have take a premium account in the first month?
-How much did you earn through the pubs in the first month?
-What was the total size of files uploaded in the first month?

19 comments
-How many persons have take a premium account in the first month?
-How much did you earn through the pubs in the first month?
-What was the total size of files uploaded in the first month?
That depends on your Advisement.

Actually I'm almost done my project on file sharing. Just working on Reseller and Designs. When this end I will lounge the site. This is most difficult project I ever deal with in my life. Some WJ members also with me but they don't like to revile there names now! You will see all of them when it's complete. Hope coming month :)

have a cool name.
build a simple,faster and a reliable site.
have a good PPD program.
dont burden your server with unwanted crap like torrent upload and filehost leech etc.
dont fuck with your affiliates by not paying them in time,false download statistics and by deleting their account.

Example of a site following all these in the present : Hotfile (except the account deletion)

Follow all these things and You will be the File Host of the Freaking Year !

Don't listen to most members on WJ when first starting out. You'll end up on a fast track to shutting down. They leech and leech until you have nothing to give then move on to the next one.

@Ermitor

You come here and announce your site opening. WJ has enough search engine exposure to get you started, People will come here just to read about new file hosts. I would be cautious on wanting to grow very fast for that type of site.

Let your users do the rest of the promoting by posting links from your site on other sites.

The core thing u need to care is acting professional in design, language and dealings. Fed up of the noob hosts here who dunno how to write a simple sentence in English without 1000 mistakes (

Yes, reread my post please, I believe I made that point.

I think you are making a enormous mistake though, I will make just a few simple points to tell you why:

- You are asking for advice rather then doing research and reading

- You are asking for stats that will be broad and varied base on a number of other parameters you have not set.

- You are concerned with the raw numbers rather then how you will accommodate and retain the users

You need to formulate a complete plan then worry about how you will advertise.

If you have read here long enough and understood what Jessie said then read my post it would tell you it goes like this.

1- You come here and announce your site opening.

2- People will come here just to read about new file hosts.

3- They will try you out if it is attractive.

4a- You will not be able to keep the promises you made to get your users because of (insert whatever reason most file hosts fail).

4b- By some miracle or something similar you are successful.

5a- You become hated and abused because you failed.

5b- You become very popular and get shut down by the FBI or your payment processor screw you over.

I am pretty sure that sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanrene
Advertising on WJ as a new file host start-up is probably the worst thing you can do if you want your "company" to survive.

And why? Because when I search on google file hosters who are on WJ, I find only the WJ thread.

Last edited:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanrene
Advertising on WJ as a new file host start-up is probably the worst thing you can do if you want your "company" to survive.

And why? Because when I search on google file hosters who are on WJ, I find only the WJ thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back