My website won't get traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidangig

I have a great website I have developed from scratch.
It is like craigslist but has a social aspect to it.
My website uses the following: PHP, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS.
The site has a lot to offer, but nobody can find it!
It is getting me so annoyed. I only have like 300 signups, but
it has been over a year since I developed the site.
If I am lucky, I will get 10 visitors.
Any advice?

Overall,
the site has been live since feb. 2016 and has a .life domain.
What factors can get me traffic and signups to my website?

Last edited:
43 comments
I have a great website I have developed from scratch.
It is like craigslist but has a social aspect to it.
My website uses the following: PHP, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS.
The site has a lot to offer, but nobody can find it!
It is getting me so annoyed. I only have like 300 signups, but
it has been over a year since I developed the site.
If I am lucky, I will get 10 visitors.
Any advice?

Overall,
the site has been live since feb. 2016 and has a .life domain.
What factors can get me traffic and signups to my website?

Create a blog on your site and write quality articles.

You can write about internet marketing,seo..etc.Go to fiver and for $5 you will find people that will write a professional article.

They would prefer it because it has much more features.
Like: Commenting, Profile pictures, etc.
There are just a lot of features you might think of that would create a better service.
You can even text msg (SMS) the seller with a pre-filled template.

As for me, it's insufficient competitive advantage. I think you would better change the idea and offer something new... maybe then it will work better.

Most of my site traffic is from search engines. SEO is free but it takes time. You can also promote it via social networks, like FB, Reddit, etc. If the website has great value as you described, then it is juts a matter of time for success.

Most of my site traffic is from search engines. SEO is free but it takes time. You can also promote it via social networks, like FB, Reddit, etc. If the website has great value as you described, then it is juts a matter of time for success.

Thank you golfvswag, that is good advice.
My site is just struggling to gain traffic. I know I'm doing something wrong because the site is getting old.
I have been using a sitemap generator, but the process does not seem to be working with my site.
How can I promote my site on social medias? Would I directly advertise on them with paid services?
Please be more specific.

In order to increase your website traffic and ranking, I would suggest you to learn and research about SEO, I think at first you need to learn from many famous and largest websites about SEO, SEM such as: Searchengineland, Searchenginewatch, Searchenginejournal, Moz,...they're all giving free basic SEO, SEM techniques and courses that you can follow up and practice as well. After that, you should apply these techniques on your own real website with your domain and hosting, try your best to practical daily as much as possible.

I believe that you can get the archive after some months you try hard.

Good luck to you,

Thank you for your input, it means a lot to me.
Go here - please and try to make an account.
Tell me what you think of it.[/QUOTE]

Did you try to promote your litlife on facebook or instagram? It might sound funny cause you are aming to create new social media, but that is definitely a great way to promote.

Visitors

We have different kinds of visitors to a website coming from different sources:
1. Search engines (for more visitors you need to optimize your website)
2. Social Networks (You have to sign up in Linked in, Google Plus, Instagram, Pinterest,....)
3. Pop Up or banner ads (you have to invest some money here to grow your flow)
4. Business directories. (some are free and some charge you)
5. classic paper and flyer advertisement)

Check which one would suit you better.

I hear this fuss about sitemap, but I have never felt like google has problem indexing any pages even if you do not have any maps, provided that your pages have unique title, Description and content! I have a website without any map and already has 420K indexed pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back