Status
Not open for further replies.

keito0015

my website got suspended.altushost said"Hi Keito,We could see that the server is having very high number of connections ( DDOS). We highly recommend you to use the cloudflare to avoid issues.Also we recommend dedicated server as its affecting the whole node. Let us know how to proceed further.""Hi,We could see your VPS is once again causing DDOS attack to hosting node.Please have a check on server logs and we could see your VPS is causing more ddos connections to hosting node frequently.========[root@v19 ~]# cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack | awk '{print $5" "$6}' | sort -nr | uniq -c | sort -n | grep 128.127.111.34 | wc -l"I'm just posting new content everyday that's it.1.5 to 2.5k visitors a day.I dont get it upgrading the VPS again to dedicated server or they just want to increase their profit?before they have said my VPS plan 1(512 up to 1gb) is getting overload or high ram usage so I need to upgrade in VPS plan 2(1gb to 2gb).maybe they just pushing me to do that so they will increase their profit?hope you guys help me with this or much better to transfer a new hosting site?

17 comments
Hi Mate ask Log for ur site @vps and check them if u want to transfer ur site with other host please let me know we have good VPS NL based

my website got suspended.altushost said"Hi Keito,We could see that the server is having very high number of connections ( DDOS). We highly recommend you to use the cloudflare to avoid issues.Also we recommend dedicated server as its affecting the whole node. Let us know how to proceed further.""Hi,We could see your VPS is once again causing DDOS attack to hosting node.Please have a check on server logs and we could see your VPS is causing more ddos connections to hosting node frequently.========[root@v19 ~]# cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack | awk '{print $5" "$6}' | sort -nr | uniq -c | sort -n | grep 128.127.111.34 | wc -l"I'm just posting new content everyday that's it.1.5 to 2.5k visitors a day.I dont get it upgrading the VPS again to dedicated server or they just want to increase their profit?before they have said my VPS plan 1(512 up to 1gb) is getting overload or high ram usage so I need to upgrade in VPS plan 2(1gb to 2gb).maybe they just pushing me to do that so they will increase their profit?hope you guys help me with this or much better to transfer a new hosting site?

There is something seriously wrong with altushost.

You are the third guy i am hearing this problem from. Change hosts and hide behind DDoS Protection, Cloudlfare is useless as it was still forwarding the SYN flood.

Maybe he dont need ddos protection,just need a fair host.I got similar problem ,with another hosting company.They told me,that my site is getting ddos attack,but after changing my host i never received any downtime.

Maybe he dont need ddos protection,just need a fair host.I got similar problem ,with another hosting company.They told me,that my site is getting ddos attack,but after changing my host i never received any downtime.

Paz (A member here on WJ) faced the same problem around day before yesterday, i moved his server with cloudflare enabled but he was still receiving DDoS even after moving it.

so they suspended already.

"Dear keito,

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we have to cancel your services with us on 24/07/2013, because of multiple DDOS attacks on your node during last couple of weeks.
Such activities affects on other clients, and overall costing our company much more then we charge you.

Therefor, we are forced to discontinue providing our services to you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Anton V.
Business Analyst
AltusHost B.V."

Try host-palace, there vshared hosting is DDos protected, they have hardware protection, if you have any doubt means, you can contact host-palace admin via skype.

they have their support thread here too (check in shared hosting section), also they're the supplier of dedi to top debriders/rapidleech sites.

@ServerPolice

You are my GURU brother, God bless you, i wanna tell to everyone that Altuthost is shit hosting here, they have the easy security system everyone can hack them after i moved to them after 3 days my site hacked and got DDOS, but after they canceled my account, i got ServerPolice who is big big big brother, if you need your security to get secured and server get secured and anti ddos, you will have to as this ServerPolice he is GURU of servers may the god bless you.

@ServerPolice

You are my GURU brother, God bless you, i wanna tell to everyone that Altuthost is shit hosting here, they have the easy security system everyone can hack them after i moved to them after 3 days my site hacked and got DDOS, but after they canceled my account, i got ServerPolice who is big big big brother, if you need your security to get secured and server get secured and anti ddos, you will have to as this ServerPolice he is GURU of servers may the god bless you.

thank you for your kind word. I'm planning to move in knownsrv and get a ddos protection .

Keito,

I think you could try to use some CDN service like https://www.cloudflare.com/ for free of charge.
They will proxy traffic to you website so VPS will be less affected by any attack.
Have you heard about DNS amplification attack that hit most providers recently?
CloudFlare was fighting with it and had more or less good results.
And yours week VPS can find salvation with them.

regards

Out of the box, most Linux distributions don't have anything setup to prevent SSH-based brute force attacks. if you go and buy VPS I would suggest, that if you are concerned you should install fail2ban.

The quick solution for time being during DDoS is to null route the IP. If you're in good business then you should spend some on getting a good protection service ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back