My site has been pushed back in the google search results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1mi.dan0s

Okay, so I'm hoping that someone can give me an explanation or a fix for this!

For one of my sites the most popular keyword usually had it popping up at the end of the first page on Google search results. Since yesterday, suddenly, it appears on the 5th! It's costing me a buttload of traffic and I have never experienced anything like this with other sites.

I checked Google Blacklist and I didn't receive any notice from Google that I've been penalized for something, or whatever. I'm mentioning that because I read somewhere that someone received notice when Google decided to push their site back in the search results.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

23 comments
Yes! And I can't find anything unusual...

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I really don't understand how this could so suddenly have changed. My site is only a month old, but was doing really well... It's Pagerank is still 0, but that's just cause it's new...

Can anyone else come up with some sort of explanation and is there anything I can do?

You need to check into Google Webmaster Tools in what page your keywords are appearing exactly. If you check by yourself, the results can be different when you're logged, for example.

Okay, so what I see under "Search Phrases" < Which is a loose translation from Dutch, so in English it might be called different.

Yesterday and today my website hasn't shown up in any search results. So does that mean that my site has been banned or something?

I checked on onlinevalley and it says my site does not appear to be banned...

My site is only a month old, but was doing really well...

There's your answer. One month old site is still 'dancing' in google SERPS.
It's called google dance, since your site is new, google is determining, and testing your site on lots of things, and placing you in SERPS. Just continue what you were doing..

This is an example of how new sites traffic looks like, when it's under the google dance:

MnW5s.png

This is dance for highly competitive keyword from position 5 on first page, to somewhere nowhere near first 10 pages...

So, what's Google Dance:

Google Dance - The Index Update of the Google Search Engine
The name "Google Dance" has often been used to describe the index update of the Google search engine. Google's index update occurred on average once per month. During an index update there was significant movement in search results and Google showed new backward links for pages. However, in mid-2003 Google started to update it's index continuously. It appears that, still, there has to be an update of the complete index once in a while and during this time new backward links are shown. But, because of the continuous update, the effects on search results seem to be rather insignificant.

Wow... seriously!? I have seen my traffic swinging, but this extreme I haven't experienced that... Well, in that case... Awesome man! You just took my worries away!

Cool avatar by the way!

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

It is a pretty cool dance though, kind of like a cha-cha-cha...

Yeah, like cvrle77 said, Your probably still doing the google dance since your site is only about a month old.

Just keep posting high quality content and adding high quality backlinks and you'll see it slowly start to rise again.

I've seen some sites where they rank 1st for the keyword in the entire first week then after that drop back to page 2 or 3

From my own experience.

I created a site for a low comp EMD, and after two weeks it was in the top 3 position.

Then it dropped back to page 3, I waited and waited and about 1.5 weeks after that It jumped back to rank 5 and settled there until I could get it to slowly move back up. The only thing that I did between that time period was add more content, I made 3 posts in 1.5 weeks about 1000 words.

Never heard of the Google Dance, but it definitely explains a lot.

One question though: In Google Webmaster Tools, under "search terms": after each search term it says "Average position", how should I see that: The lower the value the better? Or the higher the value the better?

Any idea of how long this Google Dance takes? Cause my site received about a 1000 unique hits a day, until 5 days ago... Now it's a between 100-150... My adsense income took a plunge to almost nothing...

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Just found this info when I googled Google Dance:

IMPORTANT Google no longer does the traditional monthly 'Google Dance'. Instead they operate a rolling (continuous) update, which means that the value of this Google Dance Tool is not the same as it use to be. Also, Google have changed completely their datacenters, and so the tool no longer produces results for the old datacenters. The only part of the tool that is functional is the default search on www, www2, www3, but the value of this search is currently unknown.

So... yeah... now the title of the thread remains unanswered... Anybody?

This happened to me a lot and that's what i did
first i checked my Google analytic report for the higher traffic day
and see where i got the good traffic

* was it comes from referral link
like what happened to me with katzddl.ws (300 visitor for one post)
** then i will keep submit for all ddl site and social bookmark site

* was it comes from HQ Backlink ?
like what i did in rlslog (over 500 visitor from one link)
** then i will keep get more HQ back links

* was it comes from a good topic with multiple links ?
like i did in maxpayne 3 repack (over 1000 visitor from topic)
** then i won't stop posting HQ Topics

* was it comes from a Google search ?
like what i improve my backlinks and keywords (On and Off page optimization)
** then i won't stop till google kiss my ass :D

that's my strategy for getting high traffic
after 3months old site i got over 4000 unique visitors per day

My last advice , keep your work in off page like on page
because both are very important for your site

80% of my traffic comes from Google. So I followed your advice and checked out the top 10 most popular keywords and posted content with these keywords.

Let's see how that goes.

Thnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back