Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rk

hi

i'm planning to create my own filehost for my own user !

what are the requirements ?

payments gateway ?

protection ?

script ?

theme ?

dedicated servers spec ???

12 comments
Theres a Few Scripts out there, but one of the most complete and simple (and afforable) ones is Yetishare

You need a Dedi and a Server Expert, as you never know what problems you might face with high loads.

I'd recommend installing the script on a VPS and then using dedicated as fileservers.

hmmm

thanks a lot for your reply

but, what about xfilesharing ?

and theme ?

what should i do to get a payment gateway ?

paypal allow filesharing ?

what about bandwidth and server space storage

i mean if i make a 100GB as a storage for premium user, then how much will left for me to upload ?!!!

i want deep instructions

XFileSharing is the most used, and i think it has all the features but you need the moolah to buy them.

There are many coders for XFileSharing, You can find some online if you need a custom template contact froomple (He's too busy and wants some serious moolah :ninja: )

PayPal is no option for FileSharing, they'll freeze your assets once they get a whiff of it.
I suggest going with Webmoney.

You need high end servers, Space is cheap these days. The only problem will be bandwidth since it is costly.

You can oversell space, if you give like 100GB to 10 users it doesnt mean that they will necessarily use all the space provided to them.

Hope that clears most of your doubts.

xfilesharing isnt as good as you think.. you have to rely on sibisoft for everything.. even little modifications..
Themes, if you look around on forums you will find coders who will make you unique theme.
I don't know about paypal restrictions, but to start off with use paypal and see?
you need 100tb servers (unlimited bandwidth) with atleast 1gpbs ports, as many HDDs as possible on raid, And maybe even an SSD to cache popular files

theres no doubt you will need multiple servers..

i guess theres no right way.. just trail and error :)

thanks again VideoCloud and thank u very much ServerPolice , but what about cost, i mean suggest me everything with its cost

let's say that for start there will be 50 users who purchase premium and 20-30 users who will download as free mode

of course i won't allow uploading to my filehost for everyone !

plus, there's a small question : if i use FTP upload to my filehost , this will consume BW from my filehost server or from my RDP ? :D a noob Question :D

and what about suggested payment options ?

webmoney,okpay,cashu,credit card ? but how to integrate them ?!

The costs you are looking is about 500$/mo (Not counting the investment in script - XfileSharing will cost close to 500$ with the mods)

If you FTP, your RDP will use Upload Bandwidth and Your server Incoming (Download) Bandwidth.
So bandwidth will be counted for both.

You can easily integrate them, i think there are modules for everything.

hmm

those 500$ are for server costs ?

plus 500$ for xfilesharing + theme cost + script editing ! OMG :D

then what will be benefits :-= how those filehost owners earn ?!

for 50/60 user as premium i'll get nearly 500 euro ! and i have to pay 500$ monthly !!!!!!!!

If you wanna know, I have seen filehosts earning x,xxx$ daily,
So you can find out how much they earn in a month.

File Hosting is a game of money, The more you invest the more you earn.

Give the uploaders the maximum money for their "work" and the more popular you get.

If you dont have loads of money to blow out, I would suggest you stay away from it.

Regards.

Not to sound harsh but based on the way you ask questions I can tell you it's best to not do this.

First, you have NO experience, you don't even know where to start and what to do. That translates to sloppy website, service and probably no room for unique features as you can't even get basic one on your own.

Or, you're simply too lazy to sit and spend one day browsing around websites, see which features they have, where are they hosted (then check servers on the host), check which payment processors are being used etc.

In other words, you expect things to be given to you on a silver plate, that's not how one should think if he's considering to start a business.

Which brings me to another point, filehosting is business. Yes, business. Just because ton of noobs here start their own filehost hoping to earn millions and then retire early, fuck everything up along the way it doesn't mean you should do too.

PS. After reading your replies later on I've realized you don't even know how "bandwidth" works. We don't need another nooby filehost wasting bandwidth on the internet, seriously.

lol, calm down smith !

who says that a filehost will be available for uploaders !

i'm uploader and have not dealt with servers before ! and yeah i dunno how to setup it !

it will be for only my uploads ! instead of getting scammed by those other stupid filehosts !!

i don't want uploaders to upload to it !

How does that change what I wrote?

Learn on your own, you want everything to be handed to you on a plate. All answers you seek are there you are just too lazy to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back