Status
Not open for further replies.
15 comments
Not a bad price in all tbh.

Hope it all works like it's intended to :P

I'm soon to be upgrading mine while were on the subject.

i5 ( no idea which one but up from i3 )
8GB ( So 16GB in total )
120 SSD ( Lovely loading/moving times for OS )
23" Samsung montior ( 2nd one )

Yeah, definitely better specs than what I would get if I went and got one from PC world, and then I'd be looking at over £1500 ._.

That's a very nice computer with a graphics card that I almost got myself, I probably should have got it because I'm on an AMD chipset and I have read that ATI works better with AMD than nVidia does. Definitely seems to be worth 400$

Graphics card will be better of you take gtx660/gtx660ti or gtx560/gtx560ti if you are planning for gaming. Else the card is fine
Also PSU you can take a look at Corsair TX850.

Gr8 setup i must say.........
You brought from ebay itself?.....the problem here is that tax is high for things brought from internet{still retard country} so for me its near to impossible to buy from ebay.
If you brought from ebay , how much did pc cost(including tax and shipping)
:P

I have got much the same set-up.

AMD FX 6 core
16gb ram
Asus Mobo
That case but in black
Corsair GS600 PSU
(Getting a nVidia GTX660TI)

Though if you want to fit an after market cooler that case was a bad choice, I'm looking at getting another one the fan on the side panel blocks being able to fit a bigger cooler. Could remove it but then there is not enough airflow going into the case as the fans are not that powerful. Also i noticed the cable management options are very limited i have everything running down the side but had to sit on the sidepanel to get it on :3. Just giving you a heads up, I'm going to replace it with the Zalman z11 plus then i can fit this bad boy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zalman-CN...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item3f1e714917

Also what you said about putting an AMD card with an AMD CPU being best is an "urban myth" putting a nVidia card with an AMD CPU is fine :)

The only thing that would stop the GPU from running at an optimum level would be a bottle neck in your system.

Last edited:
Depends if you want to throw money away for a much lower spec cpu then go ahead.
I frankly could not give a shit about Intel vs AMD if i get get a good processor for not a lot of outlay then that's the one i would go for.
If he was to have gone with an Intel for that price he would have only got an i5 quad core which has lower clock speeds and less cores.

On a budget build i think AMD is great. Plus when they bring a new processor out the socket will always be backward compatible has been for years so you only have to throw a new processor in to upgrade.

Also i noticed the cable management options are very limited i have everything running down the side but had to sit on the sidepanel to get it on :3. .

I found the case to be a decent size after moving the cables from above the fan to the side a little.

2vi2xk0.jpg

I didn't want to go with Intel purely because of their prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back