MultiPoster, ExtremeCoderz, What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfella

Veteran
Hello!

I'm writing this thread as an explanation to why your purchased program does not work anymore, and to reveal some good news! Quite some time ago the sales of the program dropped continually, and as a result it became a problem keeping the server alive. I continued to do so even when it was not financially viable for a period of over 9 months - funded by my own pocket - but there came a time when it was just not monetarily viable to keep doing so - and the server went offline - meaning you could no longer use the application you purchased. In business talk this is called "End-Of-Life". Unfortunately it happens, and it would have taken a long time to convert the program to a "freeware app", especially since I was busy working on projects that did make money.

Today I write this thread not only to explain myself, but to let you guys know that I am in the process of writing a completely free version of the multi-poster. In addition, the application will work on all desktop platforms (windows, nix, mac), will not require authentication and will have all the features (as time goes by) that you were accustomed to. There is another major feature that I do not want to disclose at this point in time, but I can tell you that it is definitely something that changes the game.

I want to also state that the reason I decided to do this was as a result of the support of the paying customers. Without you guys I would not have done this. For those that did not pay for it and are going to use this application for free, you have the paying customers to thank, not me.

I'll create a new thread presenting the new product once it's ready!

34 comments
Great you updated your clients with a thread hope you get the product out soon for your clients and the other members willing to try out your product :)

I can give a multi poster which is much more noob friendly.
Your program has so much trouble.
I have tried to use it for like 3 years.
Like ok lets try it and never suceeded.

In terms of "release date" - I don't have one. I am fairly far through it though, and plan on releasing an alpha - in a month or less. I also have some interesting news to share now that I'm so far into its production:

Firstly, this version will be what's best described as a "service" application. You start the application via the command-line. It is not a "desktop" application. This means you do not need a desktop (or an expensive Remote Desktop) to run it - all you need it a windows/*nix/mac computer/server with java on it (You do not need LAMP or anything else - ONLY java) - for example - a $8 VPS - or just use your own home PC. Once the application is running you access it in your browser (e.g. localhost or your.server.ip). This opens up a few interesting situations.

Most importantly is that once the service is running you can access and use it from anything that has a browser - for example your tablet or your phone - and access it anywhere (at work, at a friends house, on holiday) without having to copy stuff to a usb stick or whatever - all you need is the IP address.

Secondly it allows you to use the application in a more freestyle approach. Want to make ten topics? Just open ten tabs. Want to use the IMDB grabber? Just open up another tab. Want to monitor the progress in your comfy chair downstairs instead of sitting there watching it? Use your phone.

Oh yeah, don't forget it's free :)

great fella
05.jpg

MultiPoster posting was fun!
good to see you Jayfella announcing a free, platform independent version of MP. I still remember the time when I use to own "MultiPosterPlugin.com".
thanks for the update and good luck to guys, who gona use it
cheers

I remember purchasing this app back in 2011, i cannot remember my credentials , can someone help me? I can probably provide the password if i entered it myself, i might not be able to access my old email as i've switched internet providers and i remember i use to use my internet providers emails for a lot of stuff.

Any chances of me recovering my key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back