Movie+Tv Shows API Player / NO ADS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidapi

Hello guys, I was searching around on this forum to find some good streaming API player that can have a premium version so I can use it without ads, but after more than 2 weeks of searching on the internet I can't find such a thing, so I decide to make my own. Im in the movie streaming business since 2014 running more than 30 sites, in the best times i had 1.5m daily traffic and still use 3rd party players, so i decide to upgrade my business.

Before i go in public i want my player to be tested by people that know how everything works and how much expensive this can be. On many threads, i saw some players that can work a few weeks/months with some proxy scripts that can remove the ads etc. but real experts know what is a great player and users too.

Right now i have around 48.000 movies and 300.000 episodes downloaded on my servers (database is one of the biggest out there) , this servers are private running on a 10gbps connection with unmetered traffic, together they have 200 TB of memory from which almost 150 are already used but i download new movies and tv shows every day so i need to upgrade the memory in near future.

My plan is to build a platform where webmasters can use a premium subscription, for example, 1000 views will cost X$ and on the platform set many things on the player like size, logo, etc.
This player also can be used for premium websites ( Netflix alike).

Okay, enough talk we can discuss my player compared to other players after you test :)

Demo Player will work 15 Min per IP after that will be banned on 24h so i can protect from abuse.
Test URL : mvsrcpro.com/embed/tt0086250/ ( to use for TV shows just add /1-1/ season 1 episode 1 like on other players )

47 comments
Why charge per view instead of bandwidth, or even time? A bad actor could easily ruin someone's day by botting views for example.

Good question, my plan is to calculate view after 5 minutes of watching not like fembed count when you click on play = 1 view.

so you plan to count views when the player is played for more than 5 minutes! awesome! when will your service start?
Post automatically merged:

and how much will you charge for it?

Last edited:
so you plan to count views when the player is played for more than 5 minutes! awesome! when will your service start?
Post automatically merged:

and how much will you charge for it?

First i want to know what people will say about the player, i want to start fully prepared :)
Still don't calculate the price of service but by some of my calculations will be something around 0.0015 - 0.002$ per view.

Nice player. Do you plan adding such feature like "remote subtitles"?
Yes, I'm still upgrading the player, and my plan is to add an option where users can upload their own subtitles, if someone watches the movie for more than 30 minutes it will mean that the subtitle is correct and i will save it in the database. Today i also added a future that remembers when you stopped watching.
Im open for suggestion if you have something else in mind :)

an option where users can upload their own subtitles, if someone watches the movie for more than 30 minutes it will mean that the subtitle is correct and i will save it in the database.
Viewers to upload or me as user who works with your api to be able to set remote subs?

Yes, both options can work I can add Remote subs with API and User upload and if they are correct (user watch with title more than 30 min) i will store those subs on my server.

I calculated on the price you thought.

0.0015*1000 Plays = $1.5$

No one can pay these amounts, my friend.

There are streaming sites that charge $10 per month for 1000 plays per day.

So visitors can play up to 1000 plays every day.

:)

I calculated on the price you thought.

0.0015*1000 Plays = $1.5$

No one can pay these amounts, my friend.

There are streaming sites that charge $10 per month for 1000 plays per day.

So visitors can play up to 1000 plays every day.

:)

Yes but they charge the view even if you watch 1 sec, I'm offering my whole database, files never get deleted, i was using fembed premium for more than 2 years and it's much more expensive than what i offer. They charge for view and for memory you use on their servers, still don't know which platform will give you 150 TB space for 10$ a month.

Yes but they charge the view even if you watch 1 sec, I'm offering my whole database, files never get deleted, i was using fembed premium for more than 2 years and it's much more expensive than what i offer. They charge for view and for memory you use on their servers, still don't know which platform will give you 150 TB space for 10$ a month.
I am currently using it. After watching 15% of the video, they count it as plays.

yes there is no movie and series archive that is bad but it's great that it's ad-free.

Well, you can post here which service offer that ?

Im runing my own servers and in my eyes this is not possible, i will tell you why.

Lets say you are the owner of that site and offer users unlimited storage and 30.000 Plays per month for only 10$, so I'm your customer and i upload 150 TB of data on your server and pay you 10$ every month.
1 hard drive with 14 TB is something around 550$ if you do the simple math 150TB cost you 6k only for memory, so i need to pay you 10$ each month for 50 Years and after that you will start getting money from me, i don't calculate other server cost like cpu/ram/ unmethered connection, what about other people that will need storage ? :)

of course the disk is not 150 TB , they only give limited storage like 1.5TB for 10$

I told you this, your only plus is that you have an archive.

of course the disk is not 150 TB , they only give limited storage like 1.5TB for 10$

I told you this, your only plus is that you have an archive.

I was working almost 14 hours today on the player and I'm a little disoriented but i still think that you are wrong.
Let's get clear you pay 10$ per month for 1.5 TB so if you have the same amount of files that i have this will cost you 1000$ per month, can you tell me how my only plus is the archive. Theoretically, If I give you my whole archive where you will upload it?

If we calculate it over $10, it will be $1,000 and in return, 100,000 plays per day and total storage will be 150 TB.
this fembed : prnt.sc/20xxxv1
this vidmoly : prnt.sc/20xxxxk

I have used fembed before and unfortunately it is very expensive, I have been using vidmoly for 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back