Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you Mr Happy, I really do, but I think that kind of language doesn't resolve anything, and causes more problems than it fixes.

I try my best to do stuff, other members that are the same rank as me can't implement stuff like a mobile theme, so it's not our fault that "nothing gets done". Our roles here mostly consist of deleting spam posts.
The language was harsh but justified as this reply attitude is now common.

A forum board is a lot like a Small Country with it's staff the Government who run it. You have senior Government Officials (admin's) who can get things done quickly and Government Members and Officials (moderators) who use their profile and status to influence things and get things done. In no way has Overjaculation acted in this manner. It's obvious the people want it but he's chooses to troll instead. I'd have preferred if he just didn't reply rather than frustrate people who are requesting a feature that will benefit the site. We have to remember we're not looking for super over expensive faster servers or super human staff. It's a mobile theme already visible on thousands of sites that will help WJunction.

Cant `WJ Tech` do something about this?
He can't even remove a nofollow link. http://www.wjunction.com/6-feedback-suggestions/122582-remove-nofollow-internal-links-2.htm

I understand your comment regarding the analogy that the forum is like a small country. I guess the reason why these things have not yet been implemented is down to technical expertise. Not everyone has a vast knowledge of administration and some people don't know how to do things for themselves (I'm not being mean by saying that, but some people lack the idea of finding out how to fix things via tools such as Google)

I imagine that WJTech has some experience regarding certain areas in website administration but maybe not the amount of experience as someone else. For example a SQL administrator might not even know how to configure VBSeo to edit the nofollow links, it doesn't mean they are incapable.

I don't particularly agree with making a joke out of this request but OverJaculation probably assumed it wouldn't bother anyone and would just make people laugh, I'm not gonna lie, but I did grin a little when I saw what he put, not that I would put something like that myself.

I agree that more changes should come now JmZ is a staff administrator, with his expertise a lot more progress should be made, it just means Capone will have to build a relationship with JmZ to a certain level of trust before Capone will allow JmZ to do edits and modifications.

If I was an admin I would have done things differently to Capone, not that I would have made things better or worse, just different. I don't know Capones skill set but as I have been an administrator of a very large forum in the past, I probably know a lot more tools and edits to make in forum administrator compared to most people and because of certain incidents in the past that led to me building my knowledge to a point where I can do a lot of stuff independently.

</lifestory>

I understand your comment regarding the analogy that the forum is like a small country. I guess the reason why these things have not yet been implemented is down to technical expertise. Not everyone has a vast knowledge of administration and some people don't know how to do things for themselves (I'm not being mean by saying that, but some people lack the idea of finding out how to fix things via tools such as Google)

I imagine that WJTech has some experience regarding certain areas in website administration but maybe not the amount of experience as someone else. For example a SQL administrator might not even know how to configure VBSeo to edit the nofollow links, it doesn't mean they are incapable.

I don't particularly agree with making a joke out of this request but OverJaculation probably assumed it wouldn't bother anyone and would just make people laugh, I'm not gonna lie, but I did grin a little when I saw what he put, not that I would put something like that myself.

I agree that more changes should come now JmZ is a staff administrator, with his expertise a lot more progress should be made, it just means Capone will have to build a relationship with JmZ to a certain level of trust before Capone will allow JmZ to do edits and modifications.

If I was an admin I would have done things differently to Capone, not that I would have made things better or worse, just different. I don't know Capones skill set but as I have been an administrator of a very large forum in the past, I probably know a lot more tools and edits to make in forum administrator compared to most people and because of certain incidents in the past that led to me building my knowledge to a point where I can do a lot of stuff independently.

</lifestory>

lulz newb. Closing </lifestory> tags without first opening them :p

But yeah. I agree with the mobile theme. Is there no basic VB theme we could just install for the time being? Make some simple mods to the layout?

There's this, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229238

[slide]http://i.imgur.com/AtWKH.png[/slide]

(Can download since i have a vB license PM me if needed admins.)

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Double post don't care, lol.

ok, tried it on a mates forum it'll need some work but it loads fast etc.
(SB is missing JS lulz)

[slide]http://gatorcdn.com/screenshot_2012-04-17_1427.png[/slide]

Preview ^

Ok so I fucked around with the theme and got the shoutbox working.
[slide]http://i.imgur.com/mjBSC.jpg[/slide]

Not perfect but then again it'll be modded to fit WJ.

To get the shoutbox working do the following,

Login to your ACP.
Go to "Styles & Templates"
Select "Style Manager"
Pick whatever you named the theme as.
Click on "All Style Options"
Select "headerinclude"

Replace all the code with this,

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightweight.css.php" type="text/css" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0" />
<meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="$stylevar[yuipath]/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="$stylevar[yuipath]/connection/connection-min.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var SESSIONURL = "$session[sessionurl_js]";
var SECURITYTOKEN = "$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]";
var IMGDIR_MISC = "$stylevar[imgdir_misc]";
var vb_disable_ajax = parseInt("$vboptions[disable_ajax]", 10);
// -->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script>
<if condition="$show['popups']"><script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script></if>

Save, Refresh, Done easy as abc123! :o

Now get it done. >.>

Just fuck off with your trolling. Any other member would be infracted for that useless post. It's no wonder nothing get's done with a staff attitude like that.

GET OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNEEEED! Sorry but this was very necessary and should get more praise.

There you guys go, WJ "Admins". You already got the code even given to you, You have no excuse but to give us the damn theme we've been asking for over 2 years.

Yes! And in the spirit of asking, and giving, and recieving, we The People demand for more demonstrations of Love by the WJ staff!

Peace n´ Love

wj staff kindly offers you http://tapatalk.com/ app that is already compatible with wjunction.
and i just checked it on my phone, it loads fine with this theme as well. it's light, has no big graphics, only 700kb in size with a lot of cached js and images. so enjoy what you have for now, separate mobile theme is not a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back