Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! We'd like to know what you think of our new theme & platform, click here to share your thoughts!
  1. foxman

foxman New Member Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Megaupload Founder Kim Dotcom: “We’re Going To Win”

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Ashleyuk1984

Ashleyuk1984 Well-Known Member Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Nice to hear that they are fighting back and are confident.
    Just a quick question, IF they do win.... what happens?? Do they get the "MEGA" brand (as such) back? do they get their possessions back?

I'm not very well educated in the law / seizure systems. So just thought I would ask :)

3. Amz

Amz New Member Member

Mar 13, 2010
    @Ashley: I am curious about that too. But I don't think anyone would know that at this point. The chances of that happening would be slim, though. :/ Even if they get the domain back, their business has suffered a damage that would be hard to recover from.

4. jpavsex

jpavsex Banned

Oct 24, 2009
    Great News I hope they WIN :)

5. soft2050

soft2050 New Member Member

Sep 3, 2010
    If what Ashleyuk1984 assumes would be right, Then Kim Dotcom has the balls [meh]
    ----
    I really hopes that the case goes in favour of MU

6. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member Member

Dec 5, 2009
    There is also a possibility of them gaining multi-fold reputation, in case they win :)

People would love to join them again based on a simple fact that they didn't try to run away ;)

7. Deadmau5

Deadmau5 New Member Member

Feb 22, 2011
    No Wonder why should he go in Jail ?!:))

In his Case he is making no other Buisness as Youtube or other Sites,what the People Doing on the Site is not his Problem.

Good Luck Kim ;)

8. subha86

subha86 New Member Member

Dec 5, 2009
    if kim win. then all filehost back again.

9. ShareShiz

ShareShiz Banned

Feb 13, 2010
    if they win then they are innocent and can get their stuff back. they can also sue for damages done to their business.

10. mintcold

mintcold New Member Member

Oct 2, 2011
    @Halcyon -- Rapidshare was not entirely in the same situation , but they won and are one of the most trusted file sharing site ...

11. CJ

CJ New Member Respected

Nov 21, 2009
    Megaupload is nowhere to come back anytime soon & possibly never. Well this case is going to take yrs & yrs to get resolved with no outcome ^o) thats what i feel. Even if he gets released from his "term" he would never be able to bring back mega brand again with restrictions/eyes all over him.

12. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Mint, that's what I said -_-

They'll be more trusted than ever before if they win!

13. Deadmau5

Deadmau5 New Member Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Maybe he come Back with other Name and Bigger Buisness as ever Before :D

14. EnCiPh3r

EnCiPh3r Banned

May 1, 2009
    Once he gets hold of domains he will start megabox and boom same drama all over again :)

15. foxman

foxman New Member Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yes...hahaha

[​IMG]

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy New Member Member

Apr 25, 2009
    I can't see how they will win. Everyone is just thinking of the file host. It's not the copyright that's a problem IMO. You can argue that and that you didn't know it was on your servers/you didn't upload it etc. it's the money laundering that's a serious issue and their are bank accounts and paperwork for that which are harder to argue against.

Dot Kim will probably not go to jail because of Megaupload and that's why he's rightly confident in that regard. He's a far greater chance because of how the money was handled though.

Very often some of the worlds biggest drug dealers are not put in jail because of drugs but because of tax evasion and declaring money. That's what happened in the case of Al Capone for example as well as the biggest drug lord my country has seen. He's currently in Jail for tax not for murder or drugs as is the way most major criminals are caught as it's far easier to prove.

Stop thinking of just the file host.

17. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member Member

Dec 7, 2010
    If he ever makes it to the US he will just be sitting to jail for 15 to 30 yrs like a terrorist when they arrested him he was already guilty sad

18. Putin

Putin New Member Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Weeeeeeee, that's the spirit! Mr. Government, I am Kim dotcom, me gives no fucks ಠ_ಠ